Member Array
    Car:
    Dc2r

dc2r to Accord euro

Hey guys have just sold my dc2r and have bought a lexus is200 but find it sooooooooooo boring to drive.

Has anyone here made the switch from a dc2r to accord euro? i know and expect it to be completely different feeling wise, obviously the euro not as quick as the R but alot more comfortable.

Power wise what is the euro like i know the k series are awesome engines but being in such a heavy chassis makes me question its ability..

Also what is fuel consumption like with a stock one?

Thanks, Anthony

I have a dead stock Euro Luxury and I came from driving turbo 4's and the odd V8 commodore.

So far in the 3000km I have covered in mine using BP or Caltex 98 I have averaged 7.3L/100km.

I must admit though, I don't cane it and have only found vtec a handful of times overtaking on the open road.

are you talking about the CL9 or CU2 (current gen)?? get the standard manual version, lightest and thus fastest euro. the lowest I ever got on my CL9 5.2 or 5.1L/100km doing about 100kmh on highway. go for a test drive.

Usually city driving, I get around 11.x-12.xL/100km, lot of start stops due to bad traffic in CBD or inner west area

Member Array
    Car:
    07 Accord Euro
    I've got a standard stock cl9 auto and I think the power is fine. It has just enough. Coming from a faster car you will probably think it is underpowered at first, but when you understand what the car is about and appreciate it you will realise it has enough power. I've owned a couple turbos before my euro and it didn't take me long to love it. Definitely better than an is200.

I made that switch, and still have my dc2-R ('96 spec JDM).

Power-wise, I'd say the dc2-R is quicker as the Accord (CU2) is a significantly heavier car - though my dc2 hasn't been stock for some time.

Fuel consumption - I get about 20mpg around town in the Accord when cruising, I find the dc2-R to be better on fuel if driven the same way.

I enjoy driving the Accord, it's comfortable and has a "sure" feeling on the road but I still take out my type R (turbocharged) now and then for my speed fix.

Member Array
    Car:
    ACCORD EURO
    You will LOVE the Euro,its such an AWESOME car.

Member Array
    Car:
    Dc2r
    Awesome thanks for the info guys.. Now just need to find one =D

Member Array
    Car:
    FN2R
    Euro would be a good path to go down haha, ive got one and its pretty quick, ive got the luxury model too so its heavier and all but still goes!

stock 0-100 times for
    DC2R is high 6
    CL9 standard manual is low 7

So not too shabby for a 4 door sedan.