Member Array
    Car:
    2006 CL9 Luxury

CL9 Speaker Upgrade

Hey guys,

I have no experience whatsoever with car speakers. I'm looking to upgrade my '06 luxury. I'm not an audiophile and don't need top of the range speakers, just something decent. I'm aware that there are no speakers in the rear doors in the AUSDM CL9 (potential to fit more?).

My budget is 200-250. I'm also looking for a good and fairly cheap sound deadening solution.

I usually what I can myself but this time, everything will be professionally installed - Melbourne - as I won't have much time for the foreseeable future. (not included in the budget, but if you could give a rough estimate, that would be appreciated)

So could you guys recommend me some please?

Cheers.

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9 Lux
    I was thinking getting the premium sound system on CU2 to my CL9 ..its got enough power and the sound is really nice .. I dont know just an idea

Member Array
    Car:
    2006 CL9 Luxury
    That's a pretty good idea. I called Hondworld wreckers and they didn't have any CU2's.

I might look at some aftermarket speakers too.

Member Array
    Car:
    lownslowsedan
    Is that 250 including deadening?

Id probably budget 200-250 for install, if you want the job done right.

First up, figure out where you want to get it done, then find out what brands they sell.

You can pick up a decent set of Alpine or Pioneer splits for about 150 bucks, and theyll sound even better if you spend another 100 bucks on an Alpine/Pioneer channel amp for them.

As part of the install, specify deadening, and they should add some to cover up the holes in the door skin.

This will sound pretty good.
    to see all of my build, checkout

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    ^^^just speaker deadening should make a good enough difference on our euros, srsly our doors have nothing in them.
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9 Lux
    Thats pretty crap how the lux euro(03-07) dont have the premium sound system and only running front and 6x9 ..

Member Array
    Car:
    2006 CL9 Luxury
    Quote Originally Posted by trism View Post
    Is that 250 including deadening?

Id probably budget 200-250 for install, if you want the job done right.

First up, figure out where you want to get it done, then find out what brands they sell.

You can pick up a decent set of Alpine or Pioneer splits for about 150 bucks, and theyll sound even better if you spend another 100 bucks on an Alpine/Pioneer channel amp for them.

As part of the install, specify deadening, and they should add some to cover up the holes in the door skin.

This will sound pretty good.
    Thanks for the advice, I think I'll try some sound deadening first.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredoops View Post
    ^^^just speaker deadening should make a good enough difference on our euros, srsly our doors have nothing in them.
    Great idea, cheers. Anything in particular? Dynamat?
    I'm thinking http://www.incarsound.com.au They're in Burwood, Melbourne. Any other ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by d1zzo View Post
    Thats pretty crap how the lux euro(03-07) dont have the premium sound system and only running front and 6x9 ..
    Yeah, sucks that Australian models always get much less. No premium sound, no folding mirrors, no lane assist or adaptive cruise control either...and that's just naming a few.

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    the rear door speakers are empty
    and, the wires there dont work so if you cant "real" 6 speaks you'll have to do new wiring to the rear doors

balls.
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars