Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    Quote Originally Posted by RA73DR View Post
    yes, your right it does. i contacted them and they said there isnt any in stock and that itll take 6 weeks to arrive. they did not give me a price but i told them to contact me at 1.30 so i will make sure to ask about the sway bar. im actually going on your recomendation of the spring and ahock combo thats why i thought id ask you about the bushes. i dont want to rwplace them unless thwy are work really. should i expect them to be worn ?

what about the sway bars what do you recomend hollow or solid ? ill start researching it now so i can tell.them to put an order through or not when they call.

also koni shocks , i am.hoping to purchase them in a week or two, not sure where to get tjem from sydney for 900 (online 880 but rather buy then get it delivered).

since they have life warranty, if something happens to them do i usually contact koni directly or the shop i bought them of ?
    I believe solid is always better.

Personally I have an adjustable Whiteline rear sway bar 24mm that I'm very happy with ^_^
    DC5R

Member Array
    Car:
    Toyota Soarer
    i didnt cheap out. its what i got recomended by a few places obv id like to run the thinnest oil possible rhat doesnt burn.

anyway guys, last night after a 50km drive home i let the car settle for couple min then checked the stick in the light to see rhe shimmering of the oil and it was just under the full marl which is good. today ill check it again while cold then warm it up and wait couple min and check again fingers crossed.
    He mean you cheap out with cheap car can make headache alot.

I suggestion tiger balm for head if headache continue.

Or buy hyundai, never fail, good korean brand.
    Users I've upset: EKVTIR-T | Renaissance_x | Integra-GSi | Stevil | vteckiller | dyln_bxtr | zedries | joyride | eren | Brian FD2R | AusS2000 | amant02 - II | CRXDEL501 | Indie | UiK | mnc | neut

Quote Originally Posted by type_AHH View Post
    I believe solid is always better.

Personally I have an adjustable Whiteline rear sway bar 24mm that I'm very happy with ^_^
    2 questions:
    1: when you put the sway bar on, what difference did you notice on overall and handling performance, and
    2: arent you going to put a front sway bar as well ?

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    i also am running a 22mm rear swaybar on my EG and have to say its one of the best handling mods imho

also i have no intention of adding a thicker front bar as i like that when pushed the car will over steer as i find it more manageable
    Last edited by Daveho1; 29-07-2013 at 07:54 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    2 questions:
    1: when you put the sway bar on, what difference did you notice on overall and handling performance, and
    1:makes the car handle a lot flatter, it's night and day if you put one on with soft springs

2: sway bars reduce the grip at that end of the car, so if you put a rear and not a front the rear end will lose grip first. Putting a rear and not a front is a good way of reducing turn-in understeer
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

what would happen if i was to put a front and back one ? the eibach kit front one is like 23mm and the back is 25

Member Array
    Car:
    Toyota Soarer
    what would happen if i was to put a front and back one ? the eibach kit front one is like 23mm and the back is 25
    It will be more of a neutral feel, especially if you have nice springs/coilovers
    Users I've upset: EKVTIR-T | Renaissance_x | Integra-GSi | Stevil | vteckiller | dyln_bxtr | zedries | joyride | eren | Brian FD2R | AusS2000 | amant02 - II | CRXDEL501 | Indie | UiK | mnc | neut

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    dose the dc5 have the same rear subframe weakness as dc/eg

Quote Originally Posted by Daveho1 View Post
    dose the dc5 have the same rear subframe weakness as dc/eg
    not sure man

Quote Originally Posted by RenzokukenJ View Post
    It will be more of a neutral feel, especially if you have nice springs/coilovers

im getting koni yellows and springs made for it in like 2 weeks or so.

this neutral feeling, would it be like the way its driving now with a bit of understeer but will require higher speeds to understeer?

hmm not sure to go with the eibach front and back sway bar or just a whiteline back sway bar .

always thought two is best till now wow..

not sure if i have to get bushings changed along with the shocks and springs guys

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    2 questions:
    1. It feels quite good, it definitely reduces understeer during spirited driving though I'll never feel its full effect because I have no intention of ever tracking my car =P

2. I think that putting a thicker/solid front sway bar would pretty much cancel the effects of the rear sway thus make making the rear sway redundant, so no front sway (only front sway I'm using is EP3R to clear Toda header)
    Last edited by type_AHH; 29-07-2013 at 11:33 PM.
    DC5R