Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

What Did You Do To Your Honda Today.

I am starting this thread here because other Honda models have their own "sticky" on the thread subject, so here is ours if a Mod would be so kind as to make it a Sticky for us.

Last Thursday I put Altrex Standard 1000 number plate surrounds on and also Sperling Seat Covers.

Yesterday I replaced all the cabin interior incandescant bulbs with Jaycar's 31mm 12V Festoon Globe, the interior lighting is a whole lot brighter now.

I don't know why LED interior bulbs are not standard in cars these days.
    Last edited by White Orchid; 27-07-2013 at 01:08 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    06 TC'd RB1
    I put replacement blue Work valve caps back onto my rims after some idiot nicked 2 of them, most probably for their pimped up push bikes. :/
    Old man that drives slow cars

I also forgot to add in my OP that I also installed a Dash Cam during the first week of July, it was transplanted from my Forester.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda
    yes.....
    Last edited by he-tec; 20-04-2016 at 11:37 PM.

Bought red Modulo Emblem from ebay, planning to do the front wrap with the emblems in the next few weeks. Depending on the overall finish, will decide to whether to put in front of the darkened grille or simply do embossed "modulo" at the front wrap, and/or to move the emblem to rear, replacing the 4WD badge.

Example below.

2013 CR-V | Modulo F/R Bumper + Spoiler | Metallic Side Step | 19 inch Vertini Magics | Custom Red Leather Modulo Seats

Member Array
    Car:
    06 TC'd RB1
    DIY to fix a sticky bonnet release catch
    Wanted to pop my bonnet to look at something. Pulled the bonnet release and nothing happend :/

Wasn't sure what to do and I called Honda Service Centre to see if they could provide any advise or even maybe have a look at it. Long story short, they were not much help. So I decided to f#^k it and give it a try

After 1 1/2 Hrs and serveral broken bumper tabs, sucess!

Bloody sticky catch

After a little WD-40

After that it was a matter of putting everything back... Bloody P I T A just for a sticky catch.

Quote Originally Posted by evolution View Post
    Wasn't sure what to do and I called Honda Service Centre to see if they could provide any advise or even maybe have a look at it. Long story short, they were not much help.
    That does not instil confidence in the Honda name one little bit, maybe we need a name and shame thread for Dealerships to keep them on their toes.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    keep in mind that dealerships arnt run by the honda motor co nor are they there to help randoms on the phone, they are business and are generally heavily booked so there techs dont really have time to stop work on paying customers cars to help you over the phone

Quote Originally Posted by Daveho1 View Post
    keep in mind that dealerships arnt run by the honda motor co nor are they there to help randoms on the phone, they are business and are generally heavily booked so there techs dont really have time to stop work on paying customers cars to help you over the phone
    Wasn't sure what to do and I called Honda Service Centre to see if they could provide any advise or even maybe have a look at it.
    Removed - see P.S. below for reason why.

It matters not whether the Dealerships are run by the Manufacturer or not, the way in which customers are treated and spoken too all reflect on the companies name and the way in which customers identify with the brand.

P.S.
    Quote Originally Posted by evolution View Post
    Ooo I'd better clarify my statement on them not being of much help.

They advised me that I had to book in the car, but they were short of technicians at the time and the earliest they could see me was next Friday. Even then they would have to order in any parts that needed replacing if required.

That was my definition of not being of much help as I needed to access the engine bay over the week-end.
    Last edited by White Orchid; 10-08-2013 at 08:20 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    06 TC'd RB1
    Ooo I'd better clarify my statement on them not being of much help.

They advised me that I had to book in the car, but they were short of technicians at the time and the earliest they could see me was next Friday. Even then they would have to order in any parts that needed replacing if required.

That was my definition of not being of much help as I needed to access the engine bay over the week-end.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    ahh ok sorry if i seemed quick to judge. its unfortunate but its not uncommon that the dealership not to have the parts in stock for cars that arnt in warranty as its not what they sell anymore as for bookings it can be difficult to balance quick mechanical work and servicing and isnt untypical for booking times to exceed 2 weeks depending if there are any service actions or what there workload is like at the time. ive seen a workshop dealing with 3 engine rebuilds 6 gearbox replacements as well as 30-40 cars a day for servicing over 9 hoists.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda
    winning..
    Last edited by he-tec; 20-04-2016 at 11:37 PM.