Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    s2000 / CL9

what cat is this?

Hey guys. Got under my car today and changed my old exhaust mounts. Also decided to pull the cover off the cat n take a pic.... Is this a stock cat because it is HUGE!!!.

Anyone have any idea?Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20130727_141912.jpg 
Views:	204 
Size:	69.6 KB 
ID:	25350

Please excuse the quality

Thanks

Member Array
    Car:
    Public Transport / Foot
    YEp thats a deadly huge cat

yep im pretty sure that's the stock cat but probably need fred or aarong to confirm
    K&N Typhoon CAI || Weapon-R Headers + High Flow CAT || APEX'i WS2 catback || Ralco RZ Pulleys || Progress RSB || Alutec FTB || Tein Street Basis || Enkei Lusso 18" x 8" +40
    REFLASHED AUDM ECU

Member Array
    Car:
    s2000 / CL9
    Don't understand why you would go through all the trouble to put toda headers and a 2.5inch exhaust and run a stock cat. Lol

What do people reccomend for cats?

Are their any good high flow ones available or is it best to go to an exhaust shop and get them make up a 200cel cat?

Would be nice to purchase a stainless one? Anyone know who makes them...

The stock one is MASSIVE. Lol

Yeah I remember the stock one looking like that and then going all constricted like that one does.

Are their any good high flow ones available or is it best to go to an exhaust shop and get them make up a 200cel cat?
    ^That's what my cat is. No brand lol.

Random Technology high flow cats are good but that's all I know. Not sure what else is good.
    K&N Typhoon CAI || Weapon-R Headers + High Flow CAT || APEX'i WS2 catback || Ralco RZ Pulleys || Progress RSB || Alutec FTB || Tein Street Basis || Enkei Lusso 18" x 8" +40
    REFLASHED AUDM ECU

Member Array
    Car:
    s2000 / CL9
    Its actually really hard to find cats for the euro.

Cheers for the input man. Thanks

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    thats stock, my OEM's exactly that size (apart from the 2 bolt flange)
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Member Array
    Car:
    s2000 / CL9
    So been doing some research. The o2 sensor on the stock cat is in the centre of the cat exactly. If I buy a 100cel aftermarket cat, would it matter if the sensor is just after the cat? Will it throw a light on the dash? Any input welcome. Just spoke to an exhaust shop and said a euro4 100cel is the highest flow and still will pass emissions. But they have a sensor after the actual cat part (bulgy bit) lol.

Will this throw the engine light because of emissions etc. ???

yeah I got my mechanic to alter the length of the o2 sensor.
    REFLASHED AUDM ECU

Member Array
    Car:
    s2000 / CL9
    What do u mean the length... Like the length of the cable so you can run it behind the "fat part"....

Because the stock cat has the sensor right in the middle.
    So if on the new one the sensor is after the cat.... What would it matter.... That's the least emissions its gonna be (after the cat)

Just worried it would throw a light...

apparently my 02 sensor didnt reach and would have thrown a light- but I have a different set up than you so I'm not sure if that makes a difference.
    REFLASHED AUDM ECU

Member Array
    Car:
    s2000 / CL9
    But the o2 sensor is positioned after the cat section yeh?Like right after?