Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456
    For all interested and for future reference...this is what Honda supplies on the oem 88-91 civic and crx.
    1725 - 242mm fronts with drum rear
    2040 - 242mm fronts with disk rear
    4040 - 262mm fronts with disk rear

Prelude 88-91
    3540 - 262mm fronts with drum rear

I guess it's going to come down to the balance of what suits your car. I think the 4040 is going to supply more fluid to the front compaired to the 2040. As the callipers that suit the 262mm rotors will have larger pistons than the callipers supplied with the 242mm rotors. If you find you have too much rear bias after the upgrade, i'd try the 4040.

Aus ED6 headlights - 2.4kg each (glass with metal surround) these have 2 bulb plugs
    Jap (civic /crx) & Aus (CRX only) headlights - 1.7kg each (plastic with metal surround) these have 1 bulb plug
    Jap SIR headlights - 1.3kg each (plastic with no metal surround), these also have one bulb plug but are easily identified as they are physically longer.
    Last edited by shake; 06-01-2014 at 10:27 AM.

The JDM SIR (EF8) lights are not only longer (more pointed), but to use them on any AUD ED body it's necessary to get the bonnet, front bar and the "T" bar (top radiator support) from an EF6 update model, as the front panels/bar are extended forward to allow more room for the B Vtec engine. Guards are the same as is the shape of the corner lights but they don't have the 2 screw fixing. AUD facelift (90-91) corner lights match.