Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Also of note the civic Akebono front callipers have a piston bore of 50.8mm, I intend on using the CRX Nissin callipers which have a 54mm bore. Still maintaining the 242mm/19mm rotors.

The Akebono callipers weighed 3.7kg per side (or 7.4kg front set) including the mounting brackets and pads.

On a side not the ed6 master cylinder is 13/16" compared to the CRX 7/8" master cylinder. At this stage I think I'll keep the ed6 master as it's only 2 years old.
    I have also decided to use the CRX rear disks but unfortunately I've already thrown the ed6 drums away and didn't weigh them.

Member Array
    Car:
    ED6
    Cool thread!

I've got my drums off my ed6 sitting in the garage. I'll try weigh 'em when I get a chance.

Anyone want to weigh some ed door that have wind up windows and no power mirrors.

Quote Originally Posted by shake View Post
    Also of note the civic Akebono front callipers have a piston bore of 50.8mm, I intend on using the CRX Nissin callipers which have a 54mm bore. Still maintaining the 242mm/19mm rotors.

The Akebono callipers weighed 3.7kg per side (or 7.4kg front set) including the mounting brackets and pads.
    Some of the CA model (85-89) JDM Accords (B20A engine) came with twin pot calipers which are a direct swap onto the ED 242mm discs/knuckles. Worth looking into for extra bite. I know they weren't fitted to the AU carbie CA's but may have been on the 88-89 PGM-FI's.

Member Array
    Car:
    4WD 89 Concerto
    I have some CRX calipers here if you are interested
    OEM parts whore

If/when you change to the CRX rear discs then you may need to consider changing the M/Cyl because you will also need to change the proportioning valve (in front of the M/Cyl on the shock tower). Pretty certain your handbrake cables will not fit onto the disk calipers and the CRX ones will be too short (DA9's may be an alternative as Civic ones may be hard to find).

With the smaller M/Cyl, even with the drum rears, you will probably notice the pedal movement will be a bit longer to actuate the brakes.

Quote Originally Posted by hondapop View Post
    Some of the CA model (85-89) JDM Accords (B20A engine) came with twin pot calipers which are a direct swap onto the ED 242mm discs/knuckles. Worth looking into for extra bite. I know they weren't fitted to the AU carbie CA's but may have been on the 88-89 PGM-FI's.
    I have these twin piston accord calipers if someone is interested. The rubber dust covers around the pistons are torn, but i have run them and they work fine.
    FFamily

Quote Originally Posted by ~Sp33~ View Post
    I have these twin piston accord calipers if someone is interested. The rubber dust covers around the pistons are torn, but i have run them and they work fine.
    Were they on the Concerto as well? D16A?

I'm using the crx lines and extending the threaded bar adjuster to suit.

I have the crx prop valve and master cylinder also.

Crx calipers are 3.9kg each inc pads
    Last edited by shake; 29-12-2013 at 04:48 PM.

Twinpot's are 4.2kg each complete with pads. As this is obviously not intended for road use anymore, an easy way to get more negative camber on your front wheels is to replace the LCA's with DA9 units, they are a tad heavier then the ED's (thicker width) and it's necessary if you want to retain the stock ED traction bars, to elongate (lengthen by grinding out) the front bolt hole in the bar about 3mm (Where it attaches to the LCA), or you can get some DA9 ones and have the threaded end shortened and rethreaded to match the ED's length.

The DA9 LCA's are longer between the yoke pivot hole and the ball joint hole which pushes the bottom of the tyre outward. (personally I don't trust any of the adjustable upper arms to stay where they are set)

Any of these suggestions you take as ideas only and use at your own risk (thought I'd better put in the disclaimer). The DA9 RTA also will increase neg camber because the pivot hole at the bottom where it's LCA attaches is 10mm inboard compared to the ED (pushes the hub outward). All the other measurements appear to be the same. (I have not as yet tried these RTA's in my CRX yet so there could be alignment issues as yet undiscovered).
    Last edited by hondapop; 29-12-2013 at 02:29 PM.