Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    All good info.

The spare parts car ('88 crx) had abs, so when I tried to fit the prop valve and master cylinder a couple of hours ago...it don't fit.
    The rear hole (of 2) on the master cylinder is a larger size than normal so the lines won't mate up. The master cylinder also has ABS stamped on it.
    Also what looked like the proportioning valve, isn't the same set up. It is 2 in 2 out, instead of 2 in 4 out like the stock civic one. So it's fairly useless for me.

The crx front callipers however, were a simple bolt on exercise.

I also noted the booster off the crx is bigger than the civic. Both nissin items.
    Civic: Nissin NM-205V-3
    CRX: Nissin NM-230V-4

I'll leave the stock master, booster and prop valve in and see what else I accumulate before its up and running.

Also hondapop, what size are the pistons in the accord twin pots?

Quote Originally Posted by shake View Post
    Also hondapop, what size are the pistons in the accord twin pots?
    As far as I can judge, measuring across with a tape, 41mm each. The pads are 112mm long (point to point) and 45mm wide at the centre.

That's interesting about an 88 CRX having ABS, thought the first were the EF8 Vtec's. I had a 89 EF7 parts car that didn't have it, still got the ZC engine&box out'a that. (Pic of the inside of the cambox & valve cover)

The CA Accord that these twinpots came off was an '86 with the first of the B20A's (auto) in it. It was fitted with ABS as well. Massive great gadget with pipes and hoses, an electric hydraulic pump, and it's own computer that rivalled the EFI one in size. Bought it after it had hit a lamp post, thought I could straighten out the bent and kinked left chassis rail by the old chain around a post and driving the car backward. Yeah. Found out how strong those rails actually were. Wrecked it instead.

Quote Originally Posted by hondapop View Post
    Were they on the Concerto as well? D16A?
    No. CA Accord SI (import DOHC b20) only. Concerto's are the same as the CRX in Aus, and comparable to the EF sedan in Japan.
    FFamily

Quote Originally Posted by hondapop View Post
    As far as I can judge, measuring across with a tape, 41mm each. The pads are 112mm long (point to point) and 45mm wide at the centre.

That's interesting about an 88 CRX having ABS, thought the first were the EF8 Vtec's. I had a 89 EF7 parts car that didn't have it, still got the ZC engine&box out'a that. (Pic of the inside of the cambox & valve cover)

The CA Accord that these twinpots came off was an '86 with the first of the B20A's (auto) in it. It was fitted with ABS as well. Massive great gadget with pipes and hoses, an electric hydraulic pump, and it's own computer that rivalled the EFI one in size. Bought it after it had hit a lamp post, thought I could straighten out the bent and kinked left chassis rail by the old chain around a post and driving the car backward. Yeah. Found out how strong those rails actually were. Wrecked it instead.
    Tell me about it, I just finished removing the abs from the loom...I think it was a jdm one which had the plates switched a long time ago. It had all the jdm climate control with japanese writing too as well as the ZC2.

Being an EF then it will have a lighter rear stub axle setup than the AUD ones. I noticed this when I stripped my EF7 down. The stub axle is tapered and welded (on the back of the RTA) into the extra thickness gusset and that gusset is spot welded into the arm, whereas the AUD has a large nut securing the stub and the gusset is bolted into the RTA (torx head I think). They tended to make export models heavier in sussy parts.

While I think about it...
    13/16 master cylinder bore area works out about 334.3mm squared
    7/8" master cylinder bore area works out about 387.6mm squared

The 7/8 is 16% larger, so the 13/16 will require to move 16% more to do the same job.

Yes, you'll have a softer pedal feel with more movement. It's how they do "gearing" in hydraulics.

yep I know.

Quote Originally Posted by shake View Post
    yep I know.
    That's good, many don't, Haha

I ended up picking up another crx master and 2040 crx prop valve off Pat88c. If any one needs crx bits give him a try as he has lots of bits

Member Array
    Car:
    EF CRX
    Just about to upgrade my rear rotors/calipers to a 260mm conversion( using rear rotor off an mg). I currently have 280mm rotors with a 1" m/c, no booster. Have been using a 2040 prop valve - work fine, but just wondering if a 4040 would be better suited.
    Sandown : 1:27.2 - Calder : 1.10
    Winton s/t : 1.09 - Phillip Is : 1.55
    NO VTEC !
    Il D serie professor pazzo !