Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by fly_vti
    man im at 90thousand kays. on my engine. done scare me with how my engine is dying snif sniff
    get a mechanic to check your compression on all four cylinders, this will show you if you have an internals problem...
    B20VTEC - since 2002

Member Array
    Car:
    '99 Integra Type R.
    Black Smoke = Fuel
    White/Grey smoke = Oil

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra VTi-R 98'

Smile thanks people

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell
    get a mechanic to check your compression on all four cylinders, this will show you if you have an internals problem...
    man thankyou all you make me feel better. thanks oz.. so the black smoke is the fuel ay.. man i need a hardcore checkup on my car. man tinkerbell do you know any good mechanics who can chek for internal problems without ripping apart my motor and charging me 800 bux for a quote lol.. anyone??

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra VTi-R 98'
    Quote Originally Posted by OZ#227
    Black Smoke = Fuel
    White/Grey smoke = Oil

sup oz.. thanks for your post on my thread. so black = fuel and whie/black is oil.. when i start or turn my car off the exhaust sprays this black dots that onto the ground whats that a part of?

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra VTi-R 98'
    i checked my oil today and it has risen to just above half!!!! maybe because i havnt used it in 2 days.

or you measured it straight after turning off the engine, lol!

the oil has all drained to the sump!

start it, run for a few minutes, shut off, then see how much oil is REALLY there?!?
    B20VTEC - since 2002

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    94 Honda Civic SiR
    the problem is the piston rings have worn because of the same reason why every other DOHC VTEC piston rings have worn and then smoke when are being reved at high rpm's, because GENUINE HONDA OIL is not used from when the car is new, if honda oil is used from new and changed with the oil filter every 5000kms or if the car is driven hard to be changed every 3000kms (the sooner the better) than this problem will not happen till around 600000kms.

Quote Originally Posted by HONDATEC
    the problem is the piston rings have worn because of the same reason why every other DOHC VTEC piston rings have worn and then smoke when are being reved at high rpm's, because GENUINE HONDA OIL is not used from when the car is new, if honda oil is used from new and changed with the oil filter every 5000kms or if the car is driven hard to be changed every 3000kms (the sooner the better) than this problem will not happen till around 600000kms.

*squints*

Guys , please use proper sentence structure , paragraphs and even full stops for the sake of our eyes + sanity !

and DONT make broad generalised statements without providing any info to prove/substantiate your claims!!!

HONDATEC - could you please explain how piston rings wear prematurely due to the oil?
    B20VTEC - since 2002

Member Array
    Car:
    S15
    Man I feel sorry for your car. A DC2R shouldn't be thrashed like that. My advice is to take it to a reputable mechanic, and get a full inspection.

Member Array
    Car:
    JDM DC5
    Quote Originally Posted by Javed
    Man I feel sorry for your car. A DC2R shouldn't be thrashed like that. My advice is to take it to a reputable mechanic, and get a full inspection.
    DC2 is a very very good car, but B18C is slut, every time you have to F##K, oh sorry, you have to drive it hard, then the motor will be happy. All B18C drinks oil, mine drinks a lot when I took the car to the track, I think is normal, just keep an eye on the oil stick.

Member Array
    Car:
    honda ak civic
    same here!!! i have the same problem 2, if u find out anything,please let me know. thanks