Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    S2k + CBX250
    well, im checking it out this thursday, buying a moving permit and going to drive the car to a Ultra tune so a mech i know (his dad has an S) can look over it for me.
    will also do a PPRSC(or w.e the new REVS is) check on it.

if its all good ill buy it and take it to the inspector next day.
    the seller has agreed to the terms, he says he is mechanic too but has no time since he works as mech and on construction.

he will accompany me too the other mechs work shop.

Member Array
    Car:
    JDM S15
    we should be paying mid - high 20s for a late ap1v2 with low kms or ap2s within the first couple years. the later ap2s should fetch low to mid 30s.. trying to insure it for what you paid, should prove my point to you. those 30xxxkms couldve been the most abusive 30xxxkms that an S has ever seen.

think of it this way. car can have low kms, doesnt mean im going to spend an extra thousand dollars for every 10xxx kms less the car has.. 18k for an S with 130xxxkms or 28k for an S with 30xxxkms. the S you buy for 28k is the exact same age, regardless of how much it has been driven.
    i don't get my reputation points from spam threads.

Member Array
    Car:
    S2k + CBX250
    Quote Originally Posted by ALPS View Post
    we should be paying mid - high 20s for a late ap1v2 with low kms or ap2s within the first couple years. the later ap2s should fetch low to mid 30s.. trying to insure it for what you paid, should prove my point to you. those 30xxxkms couldve been the most abusive 30xxxkms that an S has ever seen.

think of it this way. car can have low kms, doesnt mean im going to spend an extra thousand dollars for every 10xxx kms less the car has.. 18k for an S with 130xxxkms or 28k for an S with 30xxxkms. the S you buy for 28k is the exact same age, regardless of how much it has been driven.
    this is true when in the buyers shoes. however if one were selling im sure most ppl's view would change to lower Km's = Higher Price

Member Array
    Car:
    S2k + CBX250
    the s2000, hasnt been driven in a while and battery is dead, guy is curious if i know what battery would be a good replacement?

Member Array
    Car:
    porsche boxster
    Quote Originally Posted by Baby Face View Post
    the s2000, hasnt been driven in a while and battery is dead, guy is curious if i know what battery would be a good replacement?
    Spoon

Silver one was bought for 11k at Merc/Lexus osb park as a trade in - had farked roof and body was scruffy down one side (sprayed now). Roof mech didn't work at time - prev owner fixed it. Was traded in on an SLK iirc. Other than that, seems decent.
    Last edited by Ten Four; 30-07-2013 at 11:35 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    S2k + CBX250
    Quote Originally Posted by Ten Four View Post
    Silver one was bought for 11k at Merc/Lexus osb park as a trade in - had farked roof and body was scruffy down one side (sprayed now). Roof mech didn't work at time - prev owner fixed it. Was traded in on an SLK iirc. Other than that, seems decent.
    So your familiar with this car?
    as in its history? etc

Just checked my phone, number matches haha. Same owner that I met. Nice guy, mechanic at said dealer of Merc/Lexus place. I sold him some BBS LM wheels - didn't pay much attention to his car admittedly. Pretty sure he got yellow'd? By farked roof I mean tear but wasn't working at the time. Re-iterate - not damaged down one side, just scruffy.

That's about all I know. Call him - he's a decent guy from memory.

Member Array
    Car:
    S2k + CBX250
    yeh we spoke over the phone, the BBS LM rims is what got him stickered because they poked out too much LOL!!

i did the PPS Register search i have results but jesus it makes no sense to me.

here it is for everyone to read.
    Search number: 297528701861
    This search reflects the data contained in the PPS Register at 31/07/2013 01:09:12 (Canberra Time)
    Search Criteria Details
    Serial number search type: VIN
    Motor vehicle: JHMAP1130YT005989
    Registration state: Current
    Registration Details
    Registration number: 201207100076344 Change number: 20840092
    Registration kind: Security interest
    Giving of notice identifier: 300942
    Registration start time: 10/07/2012 20:45:23 (Canberra Time)
    Registration end time: 28/10/2014 23:59:59 (Canberra Time)
    Registration last changed: 11/01/2013 18:03:30 (Canberra Time)
    Subordinate registration: Not stated Transitional: Yes
    Registration State: Current
    Collateral Details
    Serial number: JHMAP1130YT005989 Serial number type: VIN
    Collateral type: Consumer property
    Collateral class: Motor vehicle
    Description:
    Proceeds: Yes - All present and after acquired property.
    Purchase Money Security
    Interest:
    Yes
    Secured Party Details
    Organisation identifier: 074134517 Organisation identifier type: ACN
    Organisation name: MERCEDES-BENZ FINANCIAL SERVICES AUSTRALIA PTY LTD (Verified)
    Address for Service
    Contact name: Team Leader - Contracts Administration
    B2G account customer number: 100011303
    B2G account customer name: Mercedes-Benz Financial Services Aust PL
    Email: ppsrau@daimler.com
    Mailing address: Private Bag 12
    Mt Waverley
    VIC 3149
    AUSTRALIA
    Physical address: No address provided
    History Summary
    Change Number: 20840092 Type: AddressForSe
    rviceChange
    Time: 11/01/2013 18:03:30 (Canberra Time)
    Change Number: 20765929 Type: AddressForSe
    rviceChange
    Time: 10/01/2013 18:52:56 (Canberra Time)
    Change Number: 17857379 Type: Create Time: 10/07/2012 20:45:23 (Canberra Time)
    NEVDIS Details
    Vehicle information is requested from Austroads’ NEVDIS database for each transaction involving a vehicle VIN
    or Chassis Number on the Personal Property Securities Register. The data is not part of interests registered on
    the Personal Property Securities Register and it is presented without any guarantee regarding its accuracy.
    The NEVDIS data is intended to assist users with checking that the VIN or Chassis Number they entered, along
    with information they have about the vehicle from other sources, is accurate and to provide users with any data
    held on NEVDIS about a vehicle’s stolen or written off status.
    If you require further information regarding the NEVDIS data please look at the PPSR website:
    www.ppsr.gov.au.
    Access to and use of data provided through the PPSR is subject to the PPSR General Conditions Of Use and
    applicable third party data conditions (which can be obtained at www.ppsr.gov.au ). To the extent permitted by
    law, all data provided through the PPSR is made available without any representation or warranty of any kind
    (without limitation in respect to accuracy) and the Commonwealth, and our third party data providers (which
    includes any person mentioned in the Third Party Data Conditions as providing information through the PPSR),
    have no liability to you in respect of any loss or damage that you might suffer no matter how arising (including
    negligence) that is directly or indirectly related to the NEVDIS Data.
    Identifier number: JHMAP1130YT005989 Identifier type: VIN
    Vehicle type: CAR / SMALL
    PASSENGER VEHICLE
    Make: HONDA
    Body type: CAR/SEDAN Model: S2000
    Colour: SILVER OR CHROME Engine number: F20C11201047
    Registration plate number: no data State vehicle registered: WA
    Registration expiry: no data
    Year of manufacture: 2000 Year/Month of compliance: no data
    Written off: no data
    Stolen: no data
    A stolen vehicle notification, or the absence of one, does not necessarily mean a vehicle is or is not stolen.
    If there is a stolen vehicle notification you wish to enquire about, you should contact the police force in the State
    or Territory indicated immediately after the date in the notification. The reference number at the end of the
    notification should be quoted as a part of your enquiry.
    Please note that there may be multiple stolen notifications shown. A stolen notification can be for a VIN, Plate,
    Chassis and/or Engine.

Quote Originally Posted by Baby Face View Post
    yeh we spoke over the phone, the BBS LM rims is what got him stickered because they poked out too much LOL!!

i did the PPS Register search i have results but jesus it makes no sense to me.

here it is for everyone to read.
    The car is encumbered (has finance on it), make sure he pays it off before you purchase

It says it's financed through Mercedes Benz which would make sense if he purchased it from there

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    Which silver one are you talking about?

Member Array
    Car:
    S2k + CBX250
    ok, so there is money owing on the car still?

meaning if i were to purchase i would take on that debt.