Vossen Wheels - Info, Dealers and quick survey

Hi,

I've been following Vossen Wheels for some time now, preferring their design over many others. Particularly the concave 22 inch CV3...

However, in Australia, information has been lacking and there has been much misinformation. I have noticed Vossen wheels around on some rides, but I am unable to find an official dealer for some time on the wheels. Having written to Vossen, they have highlighted that replicas are being sold from an well-known online vendor here.

Anyone here has heard about Vossen?

Regards...
    2013 CR-V | Modulo F/R Bumper + Spoiler | Metallic Side Step | 19 inch Vertini Magics | Custom Red Leather Modulo Seats

Member Array
    Car:
    porsche boxster
    Yeah they have sexy designs

who is the vendor selling fakes and is there a side by side identification comparison?

Have seen a few Vossey's but not the biggest fan (personal choice)
    While i cant help you find a distributor here, i can point you to someone who sells 'similarish' wheels from a bunch of different brands, VAD (based in perth for Aus)

http://www.vogueautodesign.com/aboutvad.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by EKVTIR-T View Post
    Yeah they have sexy designs

who is the vendor selling fakes and is there a side by side identification comparison?
    I won't name them here, you can very easily google them, they only offer a "few designs" , but it's obvious they made no attempts to inform that they are replicas. They are selling it as if they are real. And no, I don't have a side by side comaprison, didn't ask from Vossen themselves.

I was meaning to swap the wheels from 19 to bigger ... that's why I asked as I suspected something fishy.
    2013 CR-V | Modulo F/R Bumper + Spoiler | Metallic Side Step | 19 inch Vertini Magics | Custom Red Leather Modulo Seats

Quote Originally Posted by Chernoby1 View Post
    Have seen a few Vossey's but not the biggest fan (personal choice)
    While i cant help you find a distributor here, i can point you to someone who sells 'similarish' wheels from a bunch of different brands, VAD (based in perth for Aus)

http://www.vogueautodesign.com/aboutvad.aspx
    Thanks mate. At this stage, I am not considering others, as I have went through the cycle before.

Vossen doesn't seem to do nearly as well with JDM builds, but has been becoming more prevalent in Lexus etc. Their lack of representation here is my biggest gripe at the moment, I know they are around in some cars, but just don't know where they would have gotten them from. I hope they are not all replicas (none the wiser).

Quote Originally Posted by wh1tehat View Post
    Vossen doesn't seem to do nearly as well with JDM builds, but has been becoming more prevalent in Lexus etc. Their lack of representation here is my biggest gripe at the moment, I know they are around in some cars, but just don't know where they would have gotten them from. I hope they are not all replicas (none the wiser).
    I'm not surprised if Vossen isn't prevalent amongst "JDM" builds. Guys that go for that racer look definitely won't go near Vossen. The BIPPU crew have their own JDM choices [AME, Work, Weds, Trafficstar, etc].
    Toda Racing AU | Shen * Speed Works | Jesse Streeter

Quote Originally Posted by DreadAngel View Post
    I'm not surprised if Vossen isn't prevalent amongst "JDM" builds. Guys that go for that racer look definitely won't go near Vossen. The BIPPU crew have their own JDM choices [AME, Work, Weds, Trafficstar, etc].
    Yeah.. haha... Vossen monoblock built is not as strong or light as a forged, and of course Vossen starts from 19 inch, which isn't exactly racing-recommended.

Granted, been there done that, I do miss it a bit though, but the current CR-V the mrs is driving isn't exactly gonna win any races at the traffic lights. I do like Volks and SSR back in the day, but now it's the size that I am after (shallow I know).

All good man, all personal taste

As long as you're not compensating for something LMFAO
    Toda Racing AU | Shen * Speed Works | Jesse Streeter

Member Array
    Car:
    porsche boxster
    Vossen look tight on classy cars like bmw merc audi even nissan g35/37

different scene to jdm fanboys

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    If ur in VIC, Tyre power Hawthorn is a official distributor of these rims, if ur interstate, im sure Tyre power is willing to ship it interstates as well
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

Quote Originally Posted by mugen_ctr View Post
    If ur in VIC, Tyre power Hawthorn is a official distributor of these rims, if ur interstate, im sure Tyre power is willing to ship it interstates as well
    I'm actually in VIC. Thanks mate. I will likely check them out.

Twice I have been given the same official distributor in VIC by vossen themselves, and nowhere Tyrepower Hawthorn mentioned. The challenge I have is the distributor does not have a showroom/workshop of sorts, which adds to my discomfort.

Member Array
    Car:
    accord
    I would personally look for something else.

TP hawthorn are no good..based on personal experience, they have no idea what they are doing, seedy, and downright negligent.

Second, Vossen are heavy, cheaply made, fragile, and despite all that, expensive.