Member Array
    Car:
    FD Civic Modulo

Fuel Injector cleaners

Hi Everyone,

Found a bottle of this stuff in my shed today, dated from 2007 and still new and sealed... must have forgotten about it all these years after moving house. It's Wynn's brand... "inject-a-clean". IIRC, someone gave this to me but never bothered using it with the old car.

Not sure if I should be using this stuff in a 2011 FD Civic or not. I have 25,000KMs on the clock. I've been reading articles online and was told it would be better to fill up with 98 than put this stuff in? Also saw that this stuff might just be kerosene or diesel as well???

I fill up with 95 now, not touching e10 with this car.

Any advice would be great.

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    Doesn't hurt. Also doesn't do that much compared to taking the injectors out and cleaning them properly.
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Member Array
    Car:
    lownslowsedan
    ugh, theres nothing wrong with using E10 in a newer car.
    to see all of my build, checkout

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Wynn's is fine. Just half a bottle in a full tank, then use good premium petrol.

If you have the coin and really need them cleaned, take them out and to a shop to be properly cleaned and flow tested.

Member Array
    Car:
    S2k + CBX250
    how much is flowing and cleaning them worth in comparison to just getting new clean ones.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    some places offer on car injector cleaning, where a pressurized cleaner is attached to a reg and then to the fuel rail and the car just runs on the cleaner till it stalls. dose a pretty good job.

Member Array
    Car:
    Ek4
    Injector cleaners in bottles have nothing on getting your injectors cleaned using a micro sonic bath used by injector cleaner machines

That's the only way I would recommend cleaning injectors all the crap in bottles does virtually nothing but waste ur money

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Quote Originally Posted by Baby Face View Post
    how much is flowing and cleaning them worth in comparison to just getting new clean ones.
    Well if they have a set that's been done and you can just swap them over, it's about $25 each from experience.