Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

March 2013 build. Potential problems?

Hi (apologies for the cross post but I'm looking for as much info as possible),

A dealer has contacted me offering to sell a new car we've been looking at at a price closer to our budget (but still over).

However, it's not the May 2013 build that I test drove, but most likely a March 2013 build.

I don't like the idea of buying a car, however new, that's been lying around in the warehouse for over 4 months. Deteriorated seals and wiper rubber, bugs, who knows what else?

Am I being paranoid? Are there other problems you've experienced or are aware of with sort of purchase?

Gratefully yours

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    Bro you see Honda's from the 80s and 90s on the road on the daily and you here worried about a car from a dealership. Were you aware that Honda offers warranty on new car?

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    its ****ed dude dont buy it, man up and go to the factory and build your own like the rest of us... srs.
    it takes time and the honda staff and robots will try to stop you but dont let them

Member Array
    Car:
    EG5, EK4, DC2R
    Quote Originally Posted by Daveho1 View Post
    its ****ed dude dont buy it, man up and go to the factory and build your own like the rest of us... srs.
    it takes time and the honda staff and robots will try to stop you but dont let them
    totally agree with this fella !

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    I know the Jazz is over your budget.

Have you had a look at The Civic range?

If the jazz is abit pricey have a look at the Kia Rio or something within you budget, I would hold off from a jazz till the next model is released next year. The current jazz is fairly pricey for what they are offering on the market. But it is a good car, Missus loves hers(probably more then me).

Also if your buying from a proper dealership thats reputable. there's nothing to worry about buying a new car. It will have warranty and the good dealerships do provide excellent after sales support.

LOL Dave,

I took it to the next level, i built mine in the backyard, just go to ikonda and buy the kit to build at home.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    haha nice one those honda robots they built cant get to you in the back yard. smart thinking

Member Array
    Car:
    BREEZE
    Quote Originally Posted by goz View Post
    Hi (apologies for the cross post but I'm looking for as much info as possible),

A dealer has contacted me offering to sell a new car we've been looking at at a price closer to our budget (but still over).

However, it's not the May 2013 build that I test drove, but most likely a March 2013 build.

I don't like the idea of buying a car, however new, that's been lying around in the warehouse for over 4 months. Deteriorated seals and wiper rubber, bugs, who knows what else?

Am I being paranoid? Are there other problems you've experienced or are aware of with sort of purchase?

Gratefully yours

I honestly do not know if you are serious or not
    part time potato

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    dead serious kun7....dead serious 4 months is like 4 months in car years..

dafaq u fink u takn to?

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    Using this logic, we can determine that once a car is 4 months old, it will begin to deteriorate, slowly crumbling and decomposing. Another month or so later, there is no more car left, just a pile of dust where the car used to be.
    -ZAMMIN-

"I know who you are, and I know if I make a formal complaint Mr. Benjamin will have to roll over and give me all your details"
    - Integra-GSi 19/11/2015

Member Array
    Car:
    porsche boxster

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2

just keep an eye out for this guy.... hes hondas project Alice....except he falls down stairs