Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    DC2

DC2 rear squeak and rattle noises

Hi all,

After having my DC2 for a couple of weeks now I've started to notice a few noises. Sure it's a 10 year old car so it's going to have a few noises but I thought i'll run it past you guys your your opinions.

Firstly when corning or driving up the drive way I hear a rattle in the back. It sounds like the plastic inserts in the boot space are lose. Further to this, I thought that it might be the hatch-back lid moving but it seems pretty solid. I'm planning to check the rear seats for rattles over the next few days. Is there a nice DIY for removing the rear seats?

Secondly, when closing the sunroof from the tilted position it jutters on the way down. Any idea's in fixing that one?

Just for your info the car is stock.

Cheers

Member Array
    Car:
    2014 NSX
    mmm yeah could be a loose screw or a silver coin stuck somewhere not too sure or it could be your bushings or rotors.

and for the sunroof put some lube on the black rubber bits.

Member Array
    Car:
    2014 NSX
    also heres an article on how to remove rear seats.
    http://www.team-integra.net/sections...?ArticleID=170

me too, im havening the same problem, but my car is lowered and has 16s with big tyres, gotta go low pro soon

but yes i get the rattling when i come off like a curb, u know the smoothened ones... and stuff like that...

yup having the same issue, its more of a squeak than a rattle for me from the rear, i suspect is a suspension or bushing problem. if its a rattle probably something loose or a lost coin hitting the metal work.

as with the sunroof, that's a common issue i had that problem with my old car which was also a teg and i know a few others with the same issue aswell, like Giraffe pointed out regularly grease the rubber bits and tracks with WD-40 until the sound goes away. otherwise the motor might be on its way.

good luck

Member Array
    Car:
    EG5, PP1
    this is such a common occurence with dc2's... i get that BADDD especially after a couple of years of solid suspension n crankin the sub... i recently discovered that one of the major squeeks is actually coming from fuel tank slightly movin about when goin over bumps, slightly tightening the straps should fix that up...when i cbf gettin around to it.
    Getting there...

could even be the boot struts.

happened to me, NEVER open the boot when the car is not on a flat surface; friend opened the boot when the car was on jack stands and it constantly squeaks on and off ever since

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    i didnt have the problem atall untill i removed my rear bumper to install my pods n left it off the car for quite some time and wen i put d bumper back on wen i drive on d bumps n wat not i hear all d noises u guys claim to be hearin coming from the rear and i think it could be corrosion has formed on my bumper mounting points where the screws go but ill lubricate it wd40 2morow n take it for a spin n see if it occurs again, i hope thats the prob but im wonderin if it would be d same for u guys :S but if it works im sure it wont hurt to get a screwdriver on d two of the bolts on d rear bar closest to the rear quarter panels u lowered dudes might get lucky but u can access them from d rear gaurds

Member Array
    Car:
    Hammerhead Eagle i-Thrust
    i have that problem as well. after taking the panels off, my car started making rattling noises. realised that we forgot to put a bolt in, bear the rear seats. now its all good.

yeh i got that with my vti-r must be suspension ? and so does my mates ones uh but when i sat my mate in the boot couldnt hear it -_-

I took apart and re-installed properly every inside plastic panel from the B pillar back.

It helped a lot on my gf's dc2 vtir.

especially the plastic panel under the boot lid.

Its the metal clips rubbing on the body that make the squeeking noise.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2001 DC5 Integra
    im getting bit more of a groaning noise from the back.. any one know what that could be ??