Newcomer Array
    Car:
    1999 ek1 sedan

Im a Noob to honda. where to buy some parts brisbane. turbo bits.

Hi, Im brent 35 years of age., Im not new to the car seen but new to hondas, i purchased my little gem about 3 weeks ago and have been doing alot of reading before posting. But i have an issue. I want to turbo my car, i read many people saying $2000 geez you can piece it together for $1000. But where from. im afraid of ending up with these ebay parts that i dont trust. I have a turbo to4d from a evo lancer that i want to use. where in brisbane can i find a manifold to suit. i see them on gumtree and other places but all look like the ones purchased on ebay.

also i will admit that honda seems to have me super confused with all the different engine types and efi numbers, i have the poopy d16y4, which i am going to turbo not for huge power but to make it a little more bareable to drive. trying to figure out all the different information about efi ob2 ob1 gets very overwelming. so i thiought id start with trying to find a manifold first. \

I love my new civic..

and i plan to be here for a while.

thanks brent.

I think most people order through reputable online sellers (in trader sub forum) such as jdmyard and jdmconcept among others. Stick with genuine brands just as you would with any project car.

P.S. I bought a greddy manifold for d series. 99% sure it's no longer manufactured. You may have to look at second hand market too. Not much new stuff made for d series. You will often find complete kits in parts forum too.