Member Array
    Car:
    dc2

Possible endlink knocking

Hey guys,
    Recently installed a jdm itr rear sway bar along with asr subframe brace into my vti-r Integra. I have type r suspension and brakes all round too.
    Along with that I bought new hardrace collar bushings, endlinks and sway bar bushings. And yes I did buy the 23mm bushings not 22mm.

Once installed I went on my merry way. Then noticed a massive knocking sound when going over humps on roads and driveways but only on a angle. Then I noticed it happening when turning. Only happens though when there is enough force for the sway bar to actually work.

Took it back to my mechanics and we started a process of elimination. One of those was having the endlinks disconnected so effectively having no sway bar. Took it for a drive and no knocking.

After that I thought it has to be the endlinks but had no idea why. Would I need adjustable endlinks? Why would the endlinks be causing the knocking?

Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks.

swaybar hitting exhaust piping

Member Array
    Car:
    dc2
    Quote Originally Posted by dorikin View Post
    swaybar hitting exhaust piping
    Checked that as well.
    The knocking is coming from either side of the car too.

Member Array
    Car:
    Ek4_cxi_type_R
    My endlinks knock. Tighten up the nuts that hold the endlink to the sway bar, knocking goes away. 2 days later gradually comes back

Maybe I should use some loctite.

Check for any play in your endlinks if tightening up real tight isn't doing anything.
    Last edited by joyride; Today at 07:26 AM. Reason: Ask for permission if you're going to use someone elses pic

Check that endlinks are perpendicular when car is on the ground so there is no preload on them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
    WP PB 1:15:03

Member Array
    Car:
    dc2
    Quote Originally Posted by Glocker View Post
    Check that endlinks are perpendicular when car is on the ground so there is no preload on them.

That's where the problem lies. They are angled inwards and we have no idea why.

can you upload a pic

Quote Originally Posted by --drew-- View Post
    That's where the problem lies. They are angled inwards and we have no idea why.
    Flip the end links onto the other side of the swaybar mounting hole?

WP PB 1:15:03

Never heard of OEM end links knocking, even on lowered cars.