Thread: Oil Tempetures.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    eg b16

Oil Tempetures.

Hey so im running a b16a2 with bsr injectors tuned ecu and a cai + extractors and 2.5in exhaust ( pretty sure maybe 2in )

I was wondering what kind of oil temptures other people get with their b16 / b18 when ur into it ? Daily driving the gauge says around the 90 degree mark . Then usually when im into it , its around the 120 mark. but tonight i went for a quick run where i live held the car in vtec for around a minute straight and the gauge was reading 150 degrees . Is this normal ? also the oil pressure dropped which makes sense tho because the hotter the oil gets the easier it flows .

Member Array
    Car:
    DA9T+Euro
    Where are you measuring the temps?

From sensors next to oil filter I usually run at about 180F (80-85c) and when pushing it or under sustained load gets up to about 240F (115c).
    This is with turbo and sensor is before the oil cooler which has a thermostat. Before i had the oil cooler it used to run hotter more of the time but even then the max I ever saw was 250F

Really shouldn't go too much over about 120 for any length of time...
    DA9 LS w/JDM SiR B18C turbo
    Looking for older Honda project car pre-1985