Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    s2000 / CL9

spring rates for cl9

Hey guys. What spring rates would people go for cl9.
    10kg front 5kg rear?

Any input welcome.

Just putting a basic set of coilovers in the euro.
    Have the s2k sitting in kW v3 but this is just to lower the car n street drive fun.
    I used BC before and though they were an OK shock. Any idea on spring rates

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    How fun do you rate the stock suspension? Because OEM specs are 5kg/mm front and 3.2kg/mm rear (from memory, don't quote me on this). You're looking at double that, and I reckon OEM corners pretty flat (especially with thicker ARB). Then again, I'm not sure what your S2K was running, and some people are fine with it, especially since they put on shocks with lower rebound (I'm still trying to figure out if Koni yellow or Blisteins have lower rebound, someone please help me with this).

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosMaster View Post
    How fun do you rate the stock suspension? Because OEM specs are 5kg/mm front and 3.2kg/mm rear (from memory, don't quote me on this). You're looking at double that, and I reckon OEM corners pretty flat (especially with thicker ARB). Then again, I'm not sure what your S2K was running, and some people are fine with it, especially since they put on shocks with lower rebound (I'm still trying to figure out if Koni yellow or Blisteins have lower rebound, someone please help me with this).
    You're so close, it's 5k/3.1k

Philip - 10k/5k I've sat in my friend's CL9 with it before and its not comfy at all, coming from me, for the average person that means you'll find it hellish...

I wouldn't increase the spring rate too much... a slight increase say <8k|<5k and you should be ok. Though with a heavier car like the CL9, best to use swaybars to tighten it up than just stiffer springs.
    Toda Racing AU | Shen * Speed Works | Jesse Streeter

Member Array
    Car:
    s2000 / CL9
    In the s2k I had 10 10 front rear and that felt fine. Wasnt too harsh. Was fun as.
    I'm running now stock shocks with tein springs so it sits a little lower but I want more drop in the front. And slightly harder again. So I was only thinking 10/5 coz its harder again and can run it slightly lower again.
    Last edited by philipminge; 28-07-2013 at 10:58 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    If you reckon you're happy with it then go for it, by all means. You can even go harder still if you really wanted. 10/5 is easily twice as firm, and on 18" I can pretty much feel all the bumps in the road. If 10/5 is anything like the early 350z on 20's, then it's like having no suspension at all. Not something I could live with, but I know plenty of guys who don't mind it.

Are you running S-Tech or H-Tech?

S-Tech rated 6.2k|3.7k
    H-Tech rated 5.7k|3.4k

So they're not that different to the stock rating of 5k/3.1k

However going double the rate is a massive jump and you can't draw direct comparison between S2000 and the CL9 as the cars have different construct which means they react differently

Member Array
    Car:
    s2000 / CL9
    Can always try and if they r too hard I'm sure I can just order lighter springs. Like 8/4 or something. Pretty sure BC will sell them yeh?

BC ---> http://bc-racing.com.au/br-type-coil...d-cl7-cl9.html

10k/6k unsure if they have alternate springs...

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    spring rate's only 1/2 the story

the damper/shock construction/design matters just as much.

having said that when Im getting my H-Drive coils imma get 2 sets of springs,
    F7/R5 for daily
    F10/R6 for trackwork.

swap them around when you need to go to the track or something
    Last edited by Fredoops; 29-07-2013 at 07:00 PM.
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Member Array
    Car:
    s2000 / CL9
    Thanks for the heads up. Well its not gonna be my track car.... At all... Lol but I just bought the BC br coilovers with f10 r6 . lol may be a bit hard but I'll sus it out. Will be installing on the weekend so I'll give some feedback. Cheers guys.

Member Array
    Car:
    s2000 / CL9
    received the BC coilovers today. will be installing tonight if i have time. or tomorrow.
    will let people know what i think.

Purchased them from justjap.com (sydney based company)
    top blokes and found them good to deal with!

1 issue: the instruction manuals you get to adjust ride height.... well for an s2k its basic as... for the cl9 its a little more complex.... and they way the manual is written is funny as. s*** just gets cray and makes no sense. can tell they just used a google translator when writing the instruction manual. lol

will do a write up soon.

Member Array
    Car:
    s2000 / CL9
    Hey guys, for those who are interested -

Today I received my new BC br coilovers for the euro. Was absolutely hanging to get them in. So I set up a machine at work to run automation so I could be free and fit my shocks.
    About 6 I chucked my car on jack stands. Started with the front.
    Its all pretty basic to swap over. Not too much to it. Few bolts here n there and lump of timber to lever the control arms down and the stock shocks come out nicely.
    The rear shocks were a tad harder but still not too bad. I finished everything about 8:15.
    I was in a hurry as I promised the Mrs I would pick her up from work. So I threw my tools on the bench, put my car on all 4's and drove outta the factory. I only drove down the driveway and nothing felt different... All seemed OK.
    I locked up got in the car n took off as I was running late.
    About 30m down the road there was my first corner. I go around that corner all the time at about 40... Not thrashing just cruizing. The car ran that flat. Zero body roll. I was smiling. The Mrs works about half hour away so I didn't do that much testing. Haven't even double checked my work yet. Hope nothing falls apart.

Anyway so no wheel alignment has been done it was just bolt in and go.
    Car sits a fair bit lower than my stock shox with tein springs. Looks mint.
    I must say, the ride quality is pretty impressive from these shox. No noise no clunk no squeezing no nothing. Was perfect. I left everything stock from factory and the ride seemed solid but I know its on almost full hard from factory. I came onto the freeway and hit this corner Just before the on ramp. Car sat super flat and the grip compared to stock was ridiculous. I was kind of expecting the front to give me a little under steer but I could have easily put another 40km/h on it. It was awesome fun all the way. Loved the ride. I don't mind them a little harder.
    It didn't bounce at all. It didn't feel strange in any way. Had a slight left to right transition and the car handled it better than ever. Also the braking performance was out of control. Was amazing.

I will be doing more driving tomorrow and will give a proper update but will also prob lower it a little more also then get wheel alignment.
    Will post some pics tomorrow.

Can anyone recommend a good camber set up for euros for aggressive street driving???? Let me know if you have any ideas. Cheers.