Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    there might be a slight increase for people who are desperate to buy one. just like how the E38 (BMW 7 series) increased in price when the E65 was introduced.

Quote Originally Posted by Jasemas View Post
    Will this mean Euro prices will drop or rise?
    Tempted to snap one up in the future haha
    Prices would remain static, i.e. market demand. As it's not a sports car or limited edition etc, natural depreciation will take place, although may be slower as there isn't a subsequent model so the car will still look fresh e.g. S15.

It's probably a good move from Honda, when I was looking into buying mine, new & second hand, the Euro is priced soo competitively compared with the Accord, and they seem to hold their value better.

With that being said, if you take the Euro out of the equation, people would either buy the 4 banger if it's A to B or the V6 for oomph.

I'd imagine they were selling maybe 5 Euros to 1 Accord in the days.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    Quote Originally Posted by fillit View Post
    Prices would remain static, i.e. market demand. As it's not a sports car or limited edition etc, natural depreciation will take place, although may be slower as there isn't a subsequent model so the car will still look fresh e.g. S15.

It's probably a good move from Honda, when I was looking into buying mine, new & second hand, the Euro is priced soo competitively compared with the Accord, and they seem to hold their value better.

With that being said, if you take the Euro out of the equation, people would either buy the 4 banger if it's A to B or the V6 for oomph.

I'd imagine they were selling maybe 5 Euros to 1 Accord in the days.
    The only thing is, why would people even consider a Honda anymore? People went for the Euro cos of it's looks and sportiness. Accord is none of that. People would just go for a VF or Mazda 6 instead. Of the would be Euro sales, I suspect, at best, only 20% would end up opting for the Accord, the rest would look elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosMaster View Post
    The only thing is, why would people even consider a Honda anymore? People went for the Euro cos of it's looks and sportiness. Accord is none of that. People would just go for a VF or Mazda 6 instead. Of the would be Euro sales, I suspect, at best, only 20% would end up opting for the Accord, the rest would look elsewhere.
    I never recalled the Euro being a top seller, I think commodore, mazda 6 and camry always sold in higher volumes.

Basic business decision is cost of development + production of euro is not as profitable as the accord. Therefore even if people forgo buying a Honda due to the Euro being taken off the market, there will still be an increase in the accord sales hence overall it's more profitable for the business as a whole. Also a lot of the volume of Mazda/Holden and Toyota sales are fleet cars, it's rare to ever have a Euro fleet car, with the FBT being changed, novated leasing is also less attractive hence natural decline in sales anyway.

On a personal note, I think the accord V6 was okay and I had put it into serious consideration. What put me off was Thailand build and gearbox.

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    I never recalled the Euro being a top seller, I think commodore, mazda 6 and camry always sold in higher volumes.
    Euro was a volume seller for Honda, at one point it was something like more than 25% of Honda's total sales volume

Taking that away, while the wide body accord is more profitable, overhead costs would be an issue should the lower sales volume is not compensated with some more revenue (which would be the reason for the price hike on the wide-body accord)

Basic business decision is cost of development + production of euro is not as profitable as the accord. Therefore even if people forgo buying a Honda due to the Euro being taken off the market, there will still be an increase in the accord sales hence overall it's more profitable for the business as a whole.
    The current take up rate of the new wide body accord is pretty dismal, which Honda would make more per car, I doubt it would compensate for the loss in volume.

The new CRV/Civic had got a lukewarm reception as well, Honda's gonna be praying the new Honda Jazz's got a better reception
    Also a lot of the volume of Mazda/Holden and Toyota sales are fleet cars, it's rare to ever have a Euro fleet car, with the FBT being changed, novated leasing is also less attractive hence natural decline in sales anyway.
    Once again, volume means the overheads are more easily covered, which Honda do not have the luxury of.

On a personal note, I think the accord V6 was okay and I had put it into serious consideration. What put me off was Thailand build and gearbox.
    Not for almost $60000 Honda was asking for the car
    It's not worth that much for a rehash of previous models with a slapped together gearbox.
    Last edited by Fredoops; 16-08-2013 at 02:28 PM.
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

We could only hope that the poms can bring more exiting Honda than the Japs or the Yanks

http://news.drive.com.au/drive/motor...814-2rv7g.html

Bye2 Honda... Hello Mazda family

honda has become so gay it gives me the chits
    Last edited by axispower; 16-08-2013 at 04:24 PM.
    K&N Typhoon CAI || Weapon-R Headers + High Flow CAT || APEX'i WS2 catback || Ralco RZ Pulleys || Progress RSB || Alutec FTB || Tein Street Basis || Enkei Lusso 18" x 8" +40
    REFLASHED AUDM ECU

Member Array
    Car:
    2006 CL9 Luxury
    I would've thought the one to drop would be the Legend, but that's not based on any statistics.

Quote Originally Posted by iRoik View Post
    I would've thought the one to drop would be the Legend, but that's not based on any statistics.
    once you drop the flagship car, what else do you have in the line up to bring in the upper level clientele? yes, the legend isnt a real market shaker but at least its an attempt to entice some of the mid size luxury sedans buyers to honda.

looking around, i dont think there is much japanese presence in the luxury category. besides lexus and maybe infinity, there isnt much else.

Quote Originally Posted by Fredoops View Post
    Euro was a volume seller for Honda, at one point it was something like more than 25% of Honda's total sales volume

Taking that away, while the wide body accord is more profitable, overhead costs would be an issue should the lower sales volume is not compensated with some more revenue (which would be the reason for the price hike on the wide-body accord)

The current take up rate of the new wide body accord is pretty dismal, which Honda would make more per car, I doubt it would compensate for the loss in volume.

The new CRV/Civic had got a lukewarm reception as well, Honda's gonna be praying the new Honda Jazz's got a better reception

Once again, volume means the overheads are more easily covered, which Honda do not have the luxury of.

Not for almost $60000 Honda was asking for the car
    It's not worth that much for a rehash of previous models with a slapped together gearbox.
    Yeah agreed with the volume seller on Euro, my cousin worked for Honda finance and he advised they weren't looking to increase market share when I was after one (trying to get a good deal).

While sales may be good here, I'm not sure on how they do overseas, I'm sure they would have speculated that on an overall view, this is a more profitable venture. I cannot imagine that they would cut a major source of revenue without calculating other means of returns.

I was looking into the second hand market for the V6 Accord, as mentioned $60k is a lot especially if you factor in depreciation, they don't hold their value well. I believe there was a time when the base model accord euro was being sold at about $29,xxx drive away. You would be silly to purchase it new unless your either balling or can claim the benefits of depreciation.

Member Array
    Car:
    Tamiya
    This news comfirm my decision to get vw, audi or lexus if possible for my next car.

I was looking into the second hand market for the V6 Accord, as mentioned $60k is a lot especially if you factor in depreciation, they don't hold their value well. I believe there was a time when the base model accord euro was being sold at about $29,xxx drive away.
    depreciation for honda's have been pretty bad. personally i call it the japanese BMW when it comes to depreciation.