Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

will 15x9 +10 fit dc2's

hey guys,

thinking of buying a set of wheels 15x9 +10

what would i have to do to fit it on a dc2 running skunk 2 shocks and spoon progressive springs.

tire size (good/safe amount of stretch), spacers, camber, guard rolling and if necessary pull out the guards abit..

just want to know exactly how to fit these wheels.

thanks in advance. tom
    Last edited by tom_son; 14-08-2013 at 06:36 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Canon 5d
    You'll need to stretch the tyres, maybe 195/45 or 165/45(quite a bit of stretch but this will defiantly clear your guard)

Springs ain't good for wide wheels and lowering unless its very stiff, cos when you bounce, it will smack your guards.

You'll deifnately need camber arms, rolled guards

Depends how low you're going to drop
    Last edited by simmy; 14-08-2013 at 06:48 PM.
    you're probably asleep right now but I love you and you're the most beautiful girl I met, inside and out. have a good nights sleep and I hope this puts a smile on your face when you wake up.

oh okay, not too low as the cars a daily and don't want to have a hard time driving it lol

so just stretch camber and rolled guards? no spacers required?

will the width of the wheel affect anything else like not clearing etc

Member Array
    Car:
    Canon 5d
    Quote Originally Posted by tom_son View Post
    oh okay, not too low as the cars a daily and don't want to have a hard time driving it lol

so just stretch camber and rolled guards? no spacers required?

will the width of the wheel affect anything else like not clearing etc
    Then you'll need camber arms and dial in some neg camber

You won't need spacers, do you know what they are? They push your wheels out more, meaning you'll have more troubles clearing the guards

Ya.

If your wheels were 8 wide, it means the wheel is an inch smaller, hence easier to fit under the guards
    But if you have wider wheels and higher offset then you could also fit them under

Width is measured by inch
    Offset my mm,

Go to the integra threads, research others fiitments, and pictures and you can measure it.

Or find out the specs of your stock wheels, and measure it from there (estimate)

Work it out

Hope it makes sense ay

Regards,

Luke
    you're probably asleep right now but I love you and you're the most beautiful girl I met, inside and out. have a good nights sleep and I hope this puts a smile on your face when you wake up.

oh okay,

just a stab in the dark with these wheels, thanks for the help

anyone else that can enlighten me with this stuff is more then welcome lol

kind regards, tom
    Last edited by tom_son; 14-08-2013 at 07:24 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    DB6
    im assuming these are the ccw reps ?
    DANGSdriveway

Quote Originally Posted by viinnh View Post
    im assuming these are the ccw reps ?
    yep those ones

Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R
    Quote Originally Posted by simmy View Post
    Then you'll need camber arms and dial in some neg camber

You won't need spacers, do you know what they are? They push your wheels out more, meaning you'll have more troubles clearing the guards

Ya.

If your wheels were 8 wide, it means the wheel is an inch smaller, hence easier to fit under the guards
    But if you have wider wheels and higher offset then you could also fit them under

Width is measured by inch
    Offset my mm,

Go to the integra threads, research others fiitments, and pictures and you can measure it.

Or find out the specs of your stock wheels, and measure it from there (estimate)

Work it out

Hope it makes sense ay

Regards,

Luke
    thanks Luke.
    S P A M | W O R K S
    With our special rotational tires, it will allow you to drive very fast. - JK Tyre

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2 Integra
    15x8 +10 can be done with 175/50 or 185/50 for flush look

drop it to flush it should have natural camber of atleast -2.5...so if you do your research

it can fit with rolled and pulled guards.

invest in a camber kit.. you either go low with those specs or itll look mexican and silly.

Quote Originally Posted by Evok View Post

drop it to flush it should have natural camber of atleast -2.5...so if you do your research

invest in a camber kit.. you either go low with those specs or itll look mexican and silly.
    thanks evok, just the info i was after

Member Array
    Car:
    Canon 5d
    Quote Originally Posted by Evok View Post

good info hear buddy

but yeah, he didnt want to go super low

you need to go pretty low for it to naturally camber in to fit, and hes running on springs

This is a good thread... Having had cars with ridiculous amounts of negative camber, there's a lot of other issues, tire wear, etc... If you end up with too much negative camber you'll end up with a tire that doesn't touch the road surface and mass amounts of uneven tire wear. You run into other issues with the car being front wheel drive.... I love boso cars and my Z10 Soarer... However, a DC2 Integra is really not the best candidate for a massive amount of camber.

In all honesty I could also see other problems with going any wider than an 8 on a front wheel drive car. If you want that kind of look buy yourself a Silvia, or something old school like a Laurel or a Cressi and get a set of 7s or 8s at the most for the Integra.

The notion that you'll look like a silly Mexican in a riced Honda is strong on this one. That kind of look only really suits rear wheel driven sedans and maybe occasionally something like an old school like a 240/260z... cars like my Toyota's. You're really kidding yourself if you think you can get a 9 or 10 under the guards of an Integra without mutilating it. I struggled to get a 10 under the rear guards of a rear wheel drive coupe as you can see in the first pic.

Last edited by Integra-GSi; 07-09-2013 at 05:25 PM.