Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    2007 cl9

Cool My Sleeper cl9 Progress & Reviews of mods

Hey guys i just figure id post up my progress thus far and a few reviews of the little bits and pieces ive installed.

Engine Mods
    - CT Ice box intake
    - J35 throttle body
    - RBC intake manifold
    - Hondata heatshield gasket
    - PLM headers
    - Metal performance 200 cel cat
    - Custom 3" catback (2 15'' resonators and single muffler)
    - Vision Engine torque dampner

Transmision
    - H-Drive gears 1-3
    - 4.7 final drive
    - Competition puk clutch
    - Lightened flywheel
    - Helical LSD

Suspension & Handling
    - Cusco lower tie bar
    - cusco front strut
    - progress 22mm rear sway bar

Brakes
    - Dba gold series drilled and slotted front rotors
    - EBC Yellow's all round

Interior
    - GROM aux/usb input

Still to come
    - Mesh grille, vtc gear and TSX 06 intake cam waiting in my room

Then Flash Pro + tune maybe coilovers and ill be happy for this year

As far as reviews

Ct intake - This tbh didnt make much of a difference in performance nor sound, it sounded agressive the day i installed it but over time mellowed out. Cant be heard over my exhaust now. Its impact is aparently low end 2-4k rpm? not doing it for me tbh. Still rate the K&N typhoon CAI much better, will be looking inot swapping for that or GruppeM intake for bling

RBC & J35 & heatshield gasket were installed together. *NOTE: do not install until ready for tuning. The low end torque loss is very realisable, not much of a difference felt up high in the rev range either. This will pay off with a tune but untill then cant comment on it being very worthwhile. My mistake....

Headers + cat + exhaust was all done at once - the car felt like it revved up much easier, it pulls much better particularly past 5000rpm, most worthwhile mod id done at the time. Downside is its loud as hell, and every fool out there tries to race you when they hear it. Hopeing the 3" helps when tuned

Next to go in was the bars and brakes
    The combination of these components was the most worthwhile modification id done. The car sits much flatter in the corners with next to no body roll, although when putting the rsb on the stiffer setting i found the back to kick out very easily when cornering hard - not necessarily a bad thing unless you don't expect it, as i didnt the first few times i took it to the twisties. Having good grippy tyres will help with this too but im currently running on shit $50 tyres

The brakes were amazing to say the least, much more responsive and much less distance required to come to stop, the brake dust however is absurd. Did i mention they look sweet

ETD was next to install now as oposed to what most people say i didnt feel that the car felt quicker when accelerating, however it really does help with the smoothness of shifting

Up until this point the fuel economy of the car had gone from 8l/100 to around 8.8-9 so not too bad, drivability is much the same as stock sadly, but it pulls well under heavy acceleration.
    Had a play with my mates ep3 (i/h/e + jays racing ecu? ) and id keep up until my shift into 2nd, where he'd fly infront of me. But i close in on him at the top of 2nd and catch up in 3rd.

The transmission was the most fun out of all the mods tho, if youve got the money to spend. The final drive really woke the car up it pulls very freely in every gear now, for instance there is a hill near where i live where i must shift down from 6th in order to maintain a speed of 80, now i can comfortably accelerate past 80 up the hill in 6th.
    At 80 the car sits at about 2.1k rpm
    At 100 its around 2.8k rpm --> bit of a bummer but a price im willing to pay
    Fuel economy has gone from 9l/100 -> 12ish under normal driving mixed of start stop and hwy
    can sit around 13+ when i give it a beating

The gear set has helped a million in acceleration. We all know that dead spot after shifting out of first, our revs fall much too low and must build again to feel any power, but now after shifting into 2nd i fall at about 5.2k rpm and the fun continues
    it pulls to 80km/k in first 105ish in second, and i havent yet taken it to the top of third. The gears are also much more usable in day to day driving, overtaking is a breeze no need to drop it into second anymore, just pump it in third and away you go.

The down side to all this however was
    1 fuel economy
    2 my speedo is way outa whack

The Clutch is an absolute bitch to get a hang of, grips straight away, havent tested it out too much as im still braking it in (not sure if needed with puk clutches but ill do it anyway).
    *The LSD is also yet to be tested but i can feel the difference in the bends i come across on my route to work, realy does pull quite nicely in the corners now and in big bends i can now stay on the throttle while cornering

As for GROM unit - its awesome, sound quality is brilliant, only issue is youve realy gotta turn up the volume to hear it
    can also now charge my phone at the same time which is a bonus
    downside is i cant change songs or volume with steering wheel when using AUX.

Ill keep you guys posted with my progress, im aiming for 160KW atw if possible once the vtc and cam and flashpro go in + tune. Should be a ripper of a drive once its done
    Last edited by Mugen_Euro; 14-08-2013 at 07:02 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Euro Sport 06
    nice work so far

Member Array
    Car:
    2007 cl9
    Should also give a big shout out to Josh at Sleeping Performance. Truly a nice bloke, helped me source a few of the parts and installed 80% of that stuff, no issues so far.

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9 Euro, Evo 8
    160kw ATW - impossible without turbo.

Nice set of mods. Must be fun to drive now. Will be even better when you get a tune.
    03 Accord Euro CL9, FlashPro, 06 TSX Intake Cam, 40* VTC, RBC IM, J35 TB, RDX Injectors, WeaponR header, 2.5 Catback Exhaust, Pivot Mega Raizin

Member Array
    Car:
    FD2 N/A what?
    Quote Originally Posted by sodaz View Post
    Ummm...very possible

My mates k24 dc2 makes mid 150kw NA
    i live my life full boost, one gear at a time.

Nice.
    K&N Typhoon CAI || Weapon-R Headers + High Flow CAT || APEX'i WS2 catback || Ralco RZ Pulleys || Progress RSB || Alutec FTB || Tein Street Basis || Enkei Lusso 18" x 8" +40
    REFLASHED AUDM ECU

Member Array
    Car:
    2007 cl9
    Quote Originally Posted by sodaz View Post
    160kw atw is very possible without a turbo. theirs a bloke on AUSEURO who recently got to 165 front wheel KW still NA, tuned by BYP. Even if the number reads a bit high I wouldn't be surprised if i get something close to that. Do your research mate, the K series is a good platform for NA power if you've got the time and money.

^You mean someone other than EUR011? His CL9 got 156kw atw didn't it? I cant remember...
    K&N Typhoon CAI || Weapon-R Headers + High Flow CAT || APEX'i WS2 catback || Ralco RZ Pulleys || Progress RSB || Alutec FTB || Tein Street Basis || Enkei Lusso 18" x 8" +40
    REFLASHED AUDM ECU

Member Array
    Car:
    Euro Sport 06
    160kw is easy to do. You could get that with just bolt ons.

There's a guy over here in Perth that's pushing a lot more than that NA.

I think that with the right tune what you have added so far should easily get you 160.

Member Array
    Car:
    2007 cl9
    Quote Originally Posted by axispower View Post
    ^You mean someone other than EUR011? His CL9 got 156kw atw didn't it? I cant remember...
    Yer Jhim got 156ish but had the type r gearbox, Steven got 165 with stg 2 cams

Member Array
    Car:
    2007 cl9
    Quote Originally Posted by Phorist View Post
    160kw is easy to do. You could get that with just bolt ons.

There's a guy over here in Perth that's pushing a lot more than that NA.

I think that with the right tune what you have added so far should easily get you 160.
    Im not sure, originally id hoped for 170-180, but from the results other people have gotten so far it looks like 160 is the rough mark, either way im more interested in the gains than the peak numbers