Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Euro CL9 & CU2

Headlight polish on Ebay! - Do they work?

I've seen these adds on ebay for these bottles of polish that you can use on your headlights. My headligts are cloudy, scrached and with a bit of yetllow So I was thinking about buying it. But Im not sure if they work. Has anyone here used them before?

Also I hard that you can use toothpasete on it! Is this true?

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9 Lux
    Try cut&polish first see how you go.

wouldn't bother with the ebay kits, I did mine with my friend, 3000 grit sandpaper to rub it down slightly, then polish with scratch X with a buffer. looks brand new and a million bucks.

problem with old headlights is that there is bound to be stone chips which you won't get out.

Member Array
    Car:
    2006 CL9 Luxury
    I purchased this kit a while ago from MaxVisionAustralia. http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/3M-39008-...item257f5b44fa

I actually went and picked it up, seems like he's an importer running a business (Has an ABN) from home. If I recall correctly, he's lives in Vermont, Victoria.

As for the product, it's great, and tops many reviews. Although for this particular one, you need a drill. But it's very effective. Personally though, I would go with the ones that don't require a drill next time because you can be more precise. Despite that, I was more than happy with the result.

Just because it's a kit from eBay doesn't necessarily mean it's bad, but you should buy a trusted brand.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    I used fine grit abrasive pad on a random orbital, making sure to mask off all the paint (or remove the headlights). Follow up with an abrasive compound and finish up with a fine compound. Give a wipe down with alcohol and then spray on a UV resistant clearcoat. If you don't spray on the clear coat, you shiny headlights will turn yellow.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Op

Use this 3M headlight restore kit

I used a kit on mine and my mates car , worked great

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by bennjamin View Post
    Op

Use this 3M headlight restore kit

I used a kit on mine and my mates car , worked great
    like this one right?
    http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/3M-39008-...item257f5b44fa
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Quote Originally Posted by Fredoops View Post
    Yeah that's the kit I used

Member Array
    Car:
    hehe
    op, ive used toothpaste and toothpaste method, worked nearly as good as a proper 30 headlight restorer kit srs
    Last edited by renzokukenj; Today at 12:34 AM. Reason: hehe