Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    FN2R

FN2R recommended mods??

Just thought about modding my FN2R and got recommended the Tegiwa CAI for FN2R's.
    Any thoughts anyone?
    Tegiwa CAI Vs Injen CAI which would be the better one? position of the CAI's?
    Recommendation on headers and exhaust?

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EG, RB3
    Quote Originally Posted by David321 View Post
    Just thought about modding my FN2R and got recommended the Tegiwa CAI for FN2R's.
    Any thoughts anyone?
    Tegiwa CAI Vs Injen CAI which would be the better one? position of the CAI's?
    Recommendation on headers and exhaust?
    Tegiwa headers are pretty good quality. Lots of positive reviews on civinfo forum. I don't like injen Cai on the fn2, want the best for the car. Tegiwa Cai is a mugen replica, which is one of the best, next to gruppe m cai.

Exhaust, anything is good. Fuji powergetter sounds good, martelius had good gains. Toda probably the best

Member Array
    Car:
    BREEZE
    Get a GOOD header

Toda/ASP/Hytech etc
    part time potato

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EG, RB3
    Toda hands down. I used to have a fn2 with Toda header and hfc. No header is better. But if you're low on money, just get Tegiwa, the Toda replica

Member Array
    Car:
    Nothing Yet :(
    Sorry to butt in but since we're talking about mods for the FN2R. (Car noob here).

If I get an aftermarket CAI would any auto mechanic be able to install it for me? (Rough costs?)

Also - with aftermarket rims. I am very keen on a set of Enkei wheels. Will this reduce the weight of the car compared to the stock rims and therefore be better for the car? (Don't want to get them if its just purely for looks).

Cheers in advance!

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EG, RB3
    Quote Originally Posted by Hankook View Post
    Sorry to butt in but since we're talking about mods for the FN2R. (Car noob here).

If I get an aftermarket CAI would any auto mechanic be able to install it for me? (Rough costs?)

Also - with aftermarket rims. I am very keen on a set of Enkei wheels. Will this reduce the weight of the car compared to the stock rims and therefore be better for the car? (Don't want to get them if its just purely for looks).

Cheers in advance!
    Mechanics can charge you whatever they want. Can be at least 150. I can do it for you on my driveway for a better price lol.

Stock rims are VERY heavy. A tip over 11kg, wheel only. If you buy a lighter wheel, it CAN improve your car's handling and acceleration by a touch, not a lot though.

Member Array
    Car:
    FN2R
    Thanks guys,
    i was thinking would it be possible to get a tegiwa CAI with toda headers? will they work together or it doesnt really matter?
    And with the Tegiwa CAI the poisition it sits from what i can see is that it sits next to the foglights being exposed front on which is good for cold air but what are the risks when raining? not to sure if rain hits the front bumper much and then getting into the CAI Any thoughts anyone?

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    Quote Originally Posted by David321 View Post
    Thanks guys,
    i was thinking would it be possible to get a tegiwa CAI with toda headers? will they work together or it doesnt really matter?
    And with the Tegiwa CAI the poisition it sits from what i can see is that it sits next to the foglights being exposed front on which is good for cold air but what are the risks when raining? not to sure if rain hits the front bumper much and then getting into the CAI Any thoughts anyone?
    yes there is a risk.

just don't drive into puddles.
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Member Array
    Car:
    Quote Originally Posted by ogen View Post
    Mechanics can charge you whatever they want. Can be at least 150. I can do it for you on my driveway for a better price lol.

Stock rims are VERY heavy. A tip over 11kg, wheel only. If you buy a lighter wheel, it CAN improve your car's handling and acceleration by a touch, not a lot though.
    Thanks for the info! Its good to know - Guess rims will come first then!

Too bad you're in NSW Maybe I'll try get someone here in Melbs to do it for me later

Member Array
    Car:
    hehe
    Quote Originally Posted by ogen View Post
    Toda hands down. I used to have a fn2 with Toda header and hfc. No header is better. But if you're low on money, just get Tegiwa, the Toda replica
    asp or hytec mate

re injen? get a intake that wont fuk ur engine when u drive through a nice puddle

groupm or mugen, fuk even modify stock airbox.

you really need to do the lot to get any half decent gains, intake mani and kpro as well
    Last edited by renzokukenj; Today at 12:34 AM. Reason: hehe

Member Array
    Car:
    hehe
    Quote Originally Posted by Hankook View Post
    Thanks for the info! Its good to know - Guess rims will come first then!

Too bad you're in NSW Maybe I'll try get someone here in Melbs to do it for me later
    pm cb auto or mocchi
    Last edited by renzokukenj; Today at 12:34 AM. Reason: hehe

Member Array
    Car:
    Quote Originally Posted by u mad? View Post
    pm cb auto or mocchi
    Ok cheers!