Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    gruppe m intake/mugen
    rrc intake manifold
    70mm venturi tb port matched
    toda headers
    2.5inch stainless/titanium exhaust any good brand will do (headers is most important)
    hondat flashpro tuned

stage one mods, can run without tune if planning on cams and internals down the track etc, hope it helps

its the way to go

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    07 Civic Type R
    G'day Guys

This is my first time posting on this forum so please excuse the simplicity of my questions , I have been reading across the forums and I own an FN2R, Ive noticed that alot of the gear you talk about is jdm gear, Im looking at doing an K&N air mod just to get a bit better air flow but what curious to where to purchase such items. Ive also noticed that gruppe m and other manufacturers have English websites though is it difficult to import bits and pieces? are there better places to shop in this modern world we live in??

Thanks for you time in answering my questions

Kind Regards

Member Array
    Car:
    Nothing Yet :(
    I'm currently looking myself. According some searches so far I have found TWO.

www.nengun.com
    www.lsdmotorsports.com (US based)

Quote Originally Posted by Chase221 View Post
    G'day Guys

This is my first time posting on this forum so please excuse the simplicity of my questions , I have been reading across the forums and I own an FN2R, Ive noticed that alot of the gear you talk about is jdm gear, Im looking at doing an K&N air mod just to get a bit better air flow but what curious to where to purchase such items. Ive also noticed that gruppe m and other manufacturers have English websites though is it difficult to import bits and pieces? are there better places to shop in this modern world we live in??

Thanks for you time in answering my questions

Kind Regards
    Where abouts are you from?
    My friend has an FN2R and distributes for Tegiwa and many other brands.

If you're from Melbourne i can give you his details

Member Array
    Car:
    porsche boxster

Member Array
    Car:
    2009 Red FN2R
    Bump for a good thread and good point by Hankook. Handling, acceleration and and braking all get better with a reduction in un-sprung weight. I tested it first hand and I had such a good improvement on my EK4 when I saved about 3-4kgs per corner by changing wheels like for like (similar width, offset and diameter) that I am planning the same for my FN2R.

fwiw, I'd look into Enkei RPF1 wheels if your budget allows - these are the lightest I could find. No comment on whether the car will look any better!

Member Array
    Car:
    FN2R
    Hey guys,
    Are there any difference with dual and single exhausts?
    Can some one clarify if single e hausts gives better gains and sounds abit louder cheers

From what I've read, single is the way to go in terms of power gains, but it wouldn't be much anyway 1,2,3 kw over a dual after tune ? Sound wise not sure.

Member Array
    Car:
    hehe
    Quote Originally Posted by Type FN View Post
    gruppe m intake/mugen
    rrc intake manifold
    70mm venturi tb port matched
    ASP headers
    3 inch stainless/titanium exhaust any good brand will do (headers is most important)
    hondat flashpro tuned

stage one mods, can run without tune if planning on cams and internals down the track etc, hope it helps

its the way to go
    i liek it
    Last edited by renzokukenj; Today at 12:34 AM. Reason: hehe

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic 2000 EK
    Hey Honda_FD, could you pm me a link. I'm in melb and thinking of doing some basic mods to
    Start off with. Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by u mad? View Post
    i liek it
    3 inch is too big..cant go too big as the smaller size exhaust allow more velocity of exhaust gas flow for more power, as its NA 2.0 2.5 inch is largest i would go, if 2.4 etc running 180kw etc 3 inch is good, just my view, was told smaller exhaust cam gives more velocity of air flow for more power, ( in my mind it makes alot of sense), lol.
    W.P. 1.10

Member Array
    Car:
    hehe
    Even 2lt k series love 3", there is a reason everyone in the states (pioneers of high hp k series) run this setup. Obviously less results as opposed to a 2.4, but the gains are still there assuming you have the rest of the bolt-ons and a good tune to go with it.
    Last edited by renzokukenj; Today at 12:34 AM. Reason: hehe