Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: S2000 Newbie

S2000 Newbie

hey all,

im now a new proud owner of a 99 S2000... there are a few queries that i would like to get some feedback on...

- Firstly im about to get a service, what motor oil do u guys recommend???

- What coil overs do you recommend??? (cheap but good)

- What alarm system do you recommend??? (price is no issue with this)

- And lastly i have noticed that the gearbox and gear stick tends to shudder occasionally at low rpm... and when i turn the car off???

any advice will be much appreciated.

Member Array
    Car:
    1988 Prelude
    my old man has a 99 so i aint talkin out my arse here. He uses mobil one in all of his cars including the S2000 and has had no problems to date. The shudder at low rpm is not really fixable, thats just the way the car is. You will notice that the engine buzzes below about 4rpm and thats what causes this shudder. This is comon with all of the 99 spec S2000's, so no worries, your car is normal mate.

use the oil honda recommends... cant go wrong...

i've been for a ride in an s2k... n imo the stock sussy is prettty decent... so unless ur gonna do major track work i dun see the need for em...

recovering.... Array
    Car:
    Nicole
    can u take me for a spin pls?

Member Array
    Car:
    BLZ-ARW021
    Just use the Honda oils. You won't go wrong with that.

Coil-overs, what's your intention? Are you gona track her? Or you want her slammed just for looks? Just get Koni Yellow! Damper and height adjustable.

Alarms, just make sure you get one with an immobilizer. Any brand or model will do i reckon. But i've only heard good things about Viper.

As for the shudder, I think it's common in all 99 models up to 00 models too. Honda improved/fixed it in the 01 models.

Alternatively, hop onto www.s2ki.com to read more.

Member Array
    Car:
    07 Accord Euro Luxury
    coilovers are useless unless you are tracking the car...honda oils, mobil oils would be fine...but great car

Bilstein PSS or Tein CS are good coilovers for street use. Tein RS, N1 and TODA Fightex are the ultimate for circuit.

Isnt the ticking fixable? I heard from a OCAU member, all s2k's buzz in the low RPM while decelerating in the 99/2000 spec. Apparently if you ring honda, they do have something to fix it.

s2000

Quote Originally Posted by toE
    Just use the Honda oils. You won't go wrong with that.

Coil-overs, what's your intention? Are you gona track her? Or you want her slammed just for looks? Just get Koni Yellow! Damper and height adjustable.

Alarms, just make sure you get one with an immobilizer. Any brand or model will do i reckon. But i've only heard good things about Viper.

As for the shudder, I think it's common in all 99 models up to 00 models too. Honda improved/fixed it in the 01 models.

Alternatively, hop onto www.s2ki.com to read more.

hey thanks for all the comments guys.

yeah i just went for the honda oil... i also got the paint protection and leather protection applied to my car... made a huge difference...

i ended up getting the new python 881xp...

yeah im more interested in just being able to adjust the height of the car (no interest at track at all)... so where about is the best place to get the yellow koni adjustable???

THis car drives so well in every aspect, i love it...

Thanks

Member Array
    Car:
    BLZ-ARW021
    Quote Originally Posted by CIVIC-R
    hey thanks for all the comments guys.

yeah i just went for the honda oil... i also got the paint protection and leather protection applied to my car... made a huge difference...

i ended up getting the new python 881xp...

yeah im more interested in just being able to adjust the height of the car (no interest at track at all)... so where about is the best place to get the yellow koni adjustable???

THis car drives so well in every aspect, i love it...

Thanks
    Try PM-ing armak81 - DNA Autoworks - one of our traders. He might be able to help you out or point you in the right direction.

Good luck.

Member Array
    Car:
    ERRRR
    My next service, im going to bring my own Mobil one oil for them to use.
    I also got my car interior protected and it makes the car sweet as new.

This is just my experience, but I didn't like the 'feel' of Mobil 1 5w-50 when I put it in my engine. It made the engine noticeably noisier and felt more harsh compared to the other oils I've tried (Shell Helix Ultra, Agip and FEO). Currently using Motul 300V 10W-40 and can't say enough about how strong and smooth it's made my B18C feel. Highly Recommended even though it's $40/2l.

But whatever oil you choose, it's widely accepted that you can't go wrong as long as you change it regularly