Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    integra

Urgent help - ek wont start

Was all good till this afternoon while i was trying to remove my stereo surround (ended up ripping it out) and when i tried to start my car nothing would happen. Usually when i try to start the car all the dash lights come on though it wont start until i press the immobiliser. When i try now nothing comes up on dash and immobilser key has no effect.

Anyone have any idea whats wrong?

Member Array
    Car:
    integra
    btw reds dont come on either when i turn the ignition

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    Check the wiring under the dash, loom everything down there, maybe the fuse box. Check it! Hard to tell with the description you have given. As you may have cut the wrong wire too.

If you remember cutting, pulling or using unnecessary force on a thick yellow wire. You may regret trying to do your head unit install lol.

Only reason i say this, cos I know you have to remove alot shiz to install/uninstall HU into an ek.

Simply pulling it out with force and cutting whatever is attached is not the way to tackle this properly.

Member Array
    Car:
    integra
    actually wasnt removing/installing the headunit

was removing the stereo surround because some gronk broke into my and smashed it up when taking the h/u (though it didnt affect the car)

what is that big yellow wire (i did see it when i removed the part between centre console and stereo surround)

i actually didnt cut any wires etc but could the headunit wiring sparking cause any trouble?

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    check your battery connections first of all.
    the yellow wire is a primary power supply to the head unit
    check the 80A battery fuse under the bonnet (with a multimeter, not by eye)
    if this has blown i would correctly remove the head unit and look for a short.

Member Array
    Car:
    integra
    just a quick question in regard to the 80A fuse, if that was blown would my headlights, horn and air conditioning interior lights and indicators still work?

So that yellow wire wouldnt have any issues to my car starting?

Green block gangster Array
    Car:
    twin GX160's
    sounds like either an aftermarket immobiliser is cutting the ignition circuit or your ignition switch connector has become disconnected from the under dash fuse box
    Last edited by ECU-MAN; 20-08-2013 at 08:43 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    RB1 & GTR33V
    Quote Originally Posted by gach2 View Post
    just a quick question in regard to the 80A fuse, if that was blown would my headlights, horn and air conditioning interior lights and indicators still work?

So that yellow wire wouldnt have any issues to my car starting?
    If your 80A fuse is blown ...then you will not have any power at all. - even your door lights wont come on. This fuse is the mother of all fuse between your battery to your main electrical unit / fuse box (engine bay).

check if your door lights, parkers/headlights, horn and even hazard lights are still coming on. if they are not all working they you have no power from the battery. Check your battery aswell incase its flat due to a possible power cable that has been cut and shorting to the ground/stereo metal frame.

the yellow wire (if its from your stereo) is a + positive direct power. NO it will not affect the car from starting BUT if your battery is dead due to this wire grounding/shorting - then YES it will affect the car from starting (from the flat battery)... nomsayin?
    RB1-ODC

Member Array
    Car:
    RB1 & GTR33V
    Quote Originally Posted by Daveho1 View Post
    check your battery connections first of all.
    the yellow wire is a primary power supply to the head unit
    check the 80A battery fuse under the bonnet (with a multimeter, not by eye)
    if this has blown i would correctly remove the head unit and look for a short.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Daveho1 again.
    RB1-ODC

Member Array
    Car:
    integra
    thanks for the responses

battery/power is definately not the issue as i have power to the car

I thought immoboliser was not disarming at first (so tried my 2nd set of keys) - same issue.

Also earlier when i did not disarm the immoboliser i stll got the reds, while now i dont have reds on the 2nd click of the key on ignition.

how would i check the ignition switch? thanks

Member Array
    Car:
    RB1 & GTR33V
    have you checked all the fuses incabin and on the engine bay for burned ones?

you may want to check the fuse on the alarm system (if after market) and give the relay a tap for the splice-in of the alarm to ignition wires.

maybe upload some pics of the culprit yellow wire too would help.
    RB1-ODC

Member Array
    Car:
    integra
    will have a better look and take pics (i havent had a look at the fuses but did look at the fuse box to find possible switches of which i could find had no relation to starting the car)

Also my central locking etc (controlled by the key from immoboliser) is not working either