Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    so you have power.
    but the key logo flashes red when you try to start?
    that dose sound like an immobilisers issue then. im not sure if its the same with honda but i know on hyundai of the same vintage they have been known to "lose" there immobilisers code when people play silly buggers with electrical components, hard to know with out more info though

Member Array
    Car:
    integra
    yup i have power

nothing on the dash flashes

but my key flashes when i press the unlock (but the car does not react to central locking)

Green block gangster Array
    Car:
    twin GX160's
    check the connectors going to the under dash fuse box

Member Array
    Car:
    integra
    checked the connections (the ones that plug in to the fuse box) there all fine

unless your reffering to something else

Member Array
    Car:
    RB1 & GTR33V
    u might need to reprogram your remote to the immobilizer module - receiver/transmitter.

have you tried changing the battery on your remote?

go on utube and search for "how to code alarm remotes for (your car)" ...
    RB1-ODC

Member Array
    Car:
    integra
    rage king - sounds like a good possibility - only problem is the only guides i could find says i need my factory headunit (i currently have no headunit)

also did put my key in and turned it 2 clicks (assesory) and after a few seconds could hear a click

Member Array
    Car:
    RB1 & GTR33V
    Quote Originally Posted by gach2 View Post
    rage king - sounds like a good possibility - only problem is the only guides i could find says i need my factory headunit (i currently have no headunit)

also did put my key in and turned it 2 clicks (assesory) and after a few seconds could hear a click
    what headunit are you talking about? - stereo?

you dont need your HU to be there to re-program your immobilizer codes - all you need is the 1/2 remotes (transmitters) and your receiver/immobilizer unit all working.

a good idea to change the battery on 1 of the remotes too.

forgot to ask - is your alarm/immobilizer still OEM or aftermarket?
    RB1-ODC

Member Array
    Car:
    integra
    had a look on google and says to press something on headunit (maybe i read wrong one)

also not too sure if factory or aftermarket but im going to assume aftermarket immobolizer though i dont think there is an alarm

Member Array
    Car:
    RB1 & GTR33V
    Quote Originally Posted by gach2 View Post
    had a look on google and says to press something on headunit (maybe i read wrong one)

also not too sure if factory or aftermarket but im going to assume aftermarket immobolizer though i dont think there is an alarm
    the HU if OEM has their own security PIN for the Anti-Theft security function. BUT this has nothing to do with your immobilizer.

easy way to check is your remote. is still the oem honda with the buttons?
    do you have the RED key flashing on your dash when the key is out? OR do you have a separate LED mounted on the dash somewhere?
    RB1-ODC

Member Array
    Car:
    integra
    ok my keys and immoboliser button is not oem

i cant remember if they red key used to flash

but now i have no lights on my dash at all

might be time to call sparky

anyway to bypass the immoboliser (and rule that out)

Green block gangster Array
    Car:
    twin GX160's
    factory immobiliser will not take out the dash lights, however an aftermarket one may do so. You need to check the ignition wires to see if they have been cut and joined to an aftermarket unit.

Member Array
    Car:
    integra
    hmmm

what about a key issue/ or ecu?

from what i can see the key doesnt seem to function, except for unlocking the steering wheel.

It has no effect on the car (other than turning the barrell) and the buttons on the key are not working either (this is happening to 2 sets of keys)

is the key electronics connected to the ecu? and could something be shorted or disconnected from there? (wheres the ecu located?)

thanks