Thread: wheel offsets

Member Array

wheel offsets

Hey guys was wondering if anyone could help me in regrads to offsets of wheels for a eg sedan.. basically the wheels im lookin at come in these options..

5*7 offset from 0 to 25

15*8 offset from 0 to 15

not sure which would suit best for flush fitment ? or neither as there will be abit of poke?

thanks for the help

Member Array
    Car:
    Canon 5d
    If you're going lower than 15 offset, you'll need to roll them guards,

And if you sack the car, stock camber arms will fit 15x7 0-25 and 15x8 +10-15 in.

But if you're not going mega low. You'll need camber arms

The lower then offset, the more the poke and dish
    you're probably asleep right now but I love you and you're the most beautiful girl I met, inside and out. have a good nights sleep and I hope this puts a smile on your face when you wake up.

Member Array
    ahh sweet mate thanks for that! just needed to know if major guard work was needed..i guess it should be fine if i dont go too low etc.
    its a daily so dont want it that low.. will eventually run some coilovers on it haha but its lowerd on springs at this stage.

thnaks for ur help mate

If you want the wheels to fit more flush to the guards rather than poke, go with 15x7 +25 or even +20 if you want it to stick out a bit further than the +25.

Lowered on 15x7 +25 will be fine, depending on the tyre size/height, you might not even need to roll the guards.

If you plan to go with 8 wide, +10-15 will need your guards to be rolled if you plan to lower it.

What sort of look/goal are you trying to achieve? Functional specs/conservative specs or more on the fitment specs side of things?

You can go for both form and function but it just all varies on how low you're going to lower it, willing to roll/pull your guards even and your tyre size.

Edit: You posted before me.

I'd suggest to go with 15x7 +25 if you want to daily it. You're on springs as well for the moment so those specs will sit nicely. If you go with 8 +10-15, you'll be poking a bit too much which could get you into some trouble with the police. You'll be more under the radar with 7 +25 as well.
    Last edited by euRo_noob; 19-08-2013 at 09:43 AM.

Member Array
    hey euro, im guess i want performance primarily but also want to keep it legalish.. lol i dont wanna get defected coz its poking out too much as its the daily. as for tyre size im not sure yet, what would be recommended ? small wheels with lots of tyre looks great IMO !! haha i dont mind rolling the guards to achieve the overall look / performance im after

I had 15x7 +22 on my eg wrapped in 195/50/15 and it was lowered at a reasonable height - just no finger gap. It sat pretty flush and was still very functional.

I'll PM you.

Member Array
    cheers dude, i pmed u also lol