Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hankook Tyres?

Member Array
    Car:
    Ep3r, Euro R

Hankook Tyres?

Are they good tyres? If any1 has them before and tell me what they thought of it, if people could give any recomendation too

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R
    Im running RS3's. Great tyre. Great tyre size collection. Id rate them just behind KU36s for dry grip . But the RS3 are cheaper and last longer and better wet grip!

Member Array
    Car:
    Ep3r, Euro R
    hey do the rs3 last long?

Member Array
    Car:
    EKD
    Jdmyard rate them and are one of the Stockists on these forums
    Last edited by [stealth]; 21-08-2013 at 10:38 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Ep3r, Euro R
    cool thanks =)

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R
    Yer not bad. There pretty cheap from Jaxtires also. Hit them up!

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    I used the Hankook Ventus RS2's for a while on my EF8 CRX in 205/50/15 I think they were.

Awesome tyre from my experience. Rated them above the Potenza RE001 & Kumho KU31 Ecsta. Up there with the R1R's that I have now, though maybe not quite that good.

Member Array
    Car:
    EK1 Civic
    I'm not sure exactly what i have but they are hankook and only $100 each they are thousands of times better than the cheap chinese ones i had when i got the car and will not understeer (i only have a stock as a rock cxi though)

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5 Type S EvoX
    The question is a bit open, hankook as a brand does heaps of tyres so it depends on which ones. I would rate RS3's higher than KU36's - They are probably the fastest street tyre on the track (the new AD08-R may end up being quicker but has only just come out) Lower treadwear rating (140 vs 180) and better for dry grip. They also have a stiffer side wall and have been proven to be far faster on the track. Ku36's will last a bit longer on the road.

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    I would also recommend having a look at PS3 and REE02 before settling for the RS2.

I went for the REE02 out of all them, its very good on the road. Only had 1 chance down he 1/4 and they were really good for street tires.

Reason for me to choose REE02 Price/tread wear and availability. Performance: RS2>PS3 = REE02 (PS3 felt a lot better on dry conditions) Price: REE02>PS3>RS2

Simple performance to dollar ratio: RE002 wins all day.

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Hankook are currently doing a buy 3 get your 4th tyre free deal. Worth it IMO.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R
    Quote Originally Posted by Tob11 View Post
    The question is a bit open, hankook as a brand does heaps of tyres so it depends on which ones. I would rate RS3's higher than KU36's - They are probably the fastest street tyre on the track (the new AD08-R may end up being quicker but has only just come out) Lower treadwear rating (140 vs 180) and better for dry grip. They also have a stiffer side wall and have been proven to be far faster on the track. Ku36's will last a bit longer on the road.
    The AU RS3s have 200 treadwear not 140. Some reason we get different stock then the US.
    Also the KU36s have better dry grip in size 205/50/15 over the RS3's in 225/45/15. The Rs3s out perform the Ku36s in wet, feedback and tyre life.

I am currently running 225/45/15 Rs3s on the front and 205/50/15 Ku36s on the rear. I do rotate them. The difference is very noticeable
    Last edited by JDM DC2R; 31-08-2013 at 10:52 AM.