Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 2004

Accord Euro 2004 non Lux headunit

Hi, I would like to upgrade my original CL9 head unit with after market like:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/8-DVD-GPS...30780360251%26

IS there anyone here got it installed in your car? As my understanding that the climate control of passenger and driver opposite with Australia model.

Can I installed it by myself just plug and play without any modifications of wiring? because I am not good at that. If there is any one got it please share exp with any problems.

Thank you.

I looked at them a fair bit awhile back. Having climate control on the wrong side isnt an absolute deal breaker. Its the poor quality, (IMHO) ugly looks and the likely poor quality of everything from the touchscreen to the buttons. You also lose any visual indication of temperature, hvac settings besides whatever is contained in this head unit.

Cant help but think it wouldnt help your resale much either...

With the negatives out of the way , they do have some pretty cool features that you are hard pressed to get on most modern cars and to be honest, its quite competitively priced. If you dont mind the reversed buttons and the questionable quality, I'm sure these things add a 'cool' factor to your ride.

They integrate semi-decently with your steering controls as well and yes, they are entirely plug and play - they have ports on the back for hvac, audio, and antenna so all you have to be able to do is pull your current head unit out and fit this one in.

It's fairly easy to remove your headunit and I believe the wiring is easy.
    gotta love youtube:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3xwamWsVKM

line #3 under key features:
    "With special wire harness, you do not need to cut any wire of your car. it's easy to install"

I installed a similar one for a Nissan X-trail and it was basically plug and play.
    you could always ask the seller about the wiring harness.