Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Member Array
    Car:
    FD1-RR 2.7
    GAB SS can be ordered with any spring rate, mine came with 7/6kg, after driving for a 4 months and doing a few track day I upped the spring rate in the rear to 10kg and then just recently I upgrade the fronts to 10kg also. I managed to bend a front shaft on the coilover ( stupid offset +42 at the track cause the tyre to rub so bad I actually bent the shaft, im talking sweeping left hander at 140kmh) suprisingly the coilover still worked fine, but due to the bend the Camber couldnt be set properly and the camber would actually change thru compression ( made braking at the track difficult ). Bottom line Gab supplied me with a hold new Gas insert and shaft for under $100. Couldnt be happier with them for the price.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevil View Post
    GAB SS can be ordered with any spring rate, mine came with 7/6kg, after driving for a 4 months and doing a few track day I upped the spring rate in the rear to 10kg and then just recently I upgrade the fronts to 10kg also. I managed to bend a front shaft on the coilover ( stupid offset +42 at the track cause the tyre to rub so bad I actually bent the shaft, im talking sweeping left hander at 140kmh) suprisingly the coilover still worked fine, but due to the bend the Camber couldnt be set properly and the camber would actually change thru compression ( made braking at the track difficult ). Bottom line Gab supplied me with a hold new Gas insert and shaft for under $100. Couldnt be happier with them for the price.
    Nice quality...
    Toda Racing AU | Shen * Speed Works | Jesse Streeter

Personally I wouldnt use either.
    Id go for shockworks, local support and sales, great quality and not overpriced. You can check them out on FB

Member Array
    Car:
    FD1-RR 2.7
    dove grey I bought my GAB SS coilovers locally, they are great quality. I received assistance when I needed to replace the insert and I paid $1100. Never heard of Shockwork ??

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5, EF8, EF2
    Quote Originally Posted by dove grey 64 View Post
    Personally I wouldnt use either.
    Id go for shockworks, local support and sales, great quality and not overpriced. You can check them out on FB
    +1. I have met the Shockworks guys and it's likely that Brett has more damper knowledge in his left pinky than the combined workforces at Gab and BC. Can't beat proper local support and advice.

Member Array
    Car:
    FD1-RR 2.7
    Can't find a listing for honda's on their website, do you have to wait for these to be built n shipped ? Knowledge is worth a brass razzo if they are a quality product, anybody tracking them, what's a ball park figure for them ?

Quote Originally Posted by Stevil View Post
    Can't find a listing for honda's on their website, do you have to wait for these to be built n shipped ? Knowledge is worth a brass razzo if they are a quality product, anybody tracking them, what's a ball park figure for them ?
    Sorry to bump this, should have monitored it.
    Shockworks currently have integra and eg/ek setups. (Also getting started on my ef wagon)
    Price is $1800-2k for a complete set.
    Also doing a s2000 this week I believe.
    They are a relatively new company, but as chargeR said, brett the owner was a prodrive employee and has extensive suspension experience and knowledge.
    Sorry if it sounds like a sales pitch, I just like giving props to companies that do quality work, they use my ae86 as their demo/tuning car and it handles amazeballs