Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: warning lights

Member Array
    Car:
    s2000 / CL9

warning lights

Hey guys. Warning light VSA appeared in the dash tonight. Not long ago was engine light.

Any idea what it could be. Came on 3 times tonight.

Any suggestions other than ants eating car parts.

Cheers

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    is this the brand new accord?

Why not call the dealer?
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Member Array
    Car:
    s2000 / CL9
    Oh sorry guys. 2006 euro luxury manual.

Sorry...

Quote Originally Posted by philipminge View Post
    Hey guys. Warning light VSA appeared in the dash tonight. Not long ago was engine light.

Any idea what it could be. Came on 3 times tonight.

Any suggestions other than ants eating car parts.

Cheers
    Engine light is most likely something to do with emissions, but as said can be a million things, do you have access to an ODB2 reader?

It's not worth it taking it to a shop as they will probably charge you for even looking at it, the reader itself is like $40.

I've only had the VSA come on when I've been trying to slide the car (yes I know, I feel shame) was the road wet? Are you tires balding? Other than that it may be the sensor being fault. Did the light come on and stay on or was only temporary?

Member Array
    Car:
    RB1 & GTR33V
    An extract from the Service Manual:

If the VSA system indicator comes
    on while driving, pull to the side of
    the road when it is safe, and turn off
    the engine. Reset the system by
    restarting the engine. If the VSA
    system indicator stays on, or comes
    back on while driving, have the VSA
    system inspected by an Acura/Honda dealer
    Other than that - have you recently changed wheels/tyres? if so, are they in the same rolling diameter to OEM if you have upgraded to bigger wheels?

Are you loosing any power at all ? - just before the VSA light comes on or after?

before you go to a dealer/service centre - (SOFT Reset) remove the battery terminals, let it sit for a minute or so whilst stepping down (HOLD) your brake pedal, then re-connect the battery terminals again and see how u go.
    RB1-ODC

when the VSA comes on while driving, does it feel as though you hit a brick wall and the car becomes sluggish?

If so, you have to replace the accelerator position sensor found under the bonnet, passenger side near the top strut mount.

Have done mine and it drives sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by blommer View Post
    when the VSA comes on while driving, does it feel as though you hit a brick wall and the car becomes sluggish?

If so, you have to replace the accelerator position sensor found under the bonnet, passenger side near the top strut mount.

Have done mine and it drives sweet.
    VSA cuts power to the car, if you ever try to slide it you will find once the VSA light comes on, power decreases significantly.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    If the VSA light comes on but you are not experiencing power loss, then the wheel speed sensors could be having problems too.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    s2000 / CL9
    Car is now underivable. Doing a write up now... Will post in half hour.

Lol worst day ever

Member Array
    Car:
    s2000 / CL9
    So tonight I traced back my steps of when this error first occurred or what could have caused it.

The first major thing that was touched was the ECU – had a unit chip put in the removed and put all back to stock…. Drove the car out of the workshop and all was fine.
    Day later got an error code VTC mechanism malfunction. I plugged a scan tool in and reset the code and haven’t seen the code since.
    Yesterday lunchtime I was mucking around with the Honda badge on my steering wheel. I kept on pushing my horn…. So I went to the fuse box under the hood and removed the horn fuse. This fuse also controls the rear brake lights.
    After work I was in a hurry to go somewhere so I took off completely forgetting I had no rear brake lights. And about 15min of driving the VSA triangle with the ! in the middle comes on with the VSA symbol on the dash too. This did not go away.

I read the owner’s manual right away and said to pull over, turn the car off, and turn it back on to see if it would clear the fault… I did this 3 times….
    The error would go away and then after 30seconds of driving it would pop up again.
    So todayi plugged a computer in again and scanned the entire car.

6 faults appeared at first.
    5 of the faults appeared in ABS TCS VSA scan…

(see photo with 5 faults)

The 6th fault was in Body Electrical.
    (see rain sensor fault)

The first errors being wheel speed sensor errors I pulled all the wheel speed sensors off, cleaned them and put them back. I put the horn fuse back in, disconnected the battery terminals and left them off and checked front wheel sensors.
    I put the battery terminals back on and started the car. I then drove 30sec and VSA came on again.

I plugged a computer in and did a full scan again.

Following errors occurred.
    (see brake switch Failure and sensor logic failure)

I then went and pulled the brake sensor out behind the brake pedal and checked it for continuity.
    The switch was fine and reinstalled it, plugged it back in and scratched my head a little more.
    I do not know what sensor logic failure is, yet.

I also had

I disconnected the battery again after playing with the brake sensor and plugged it back in.
    I thought ill try take it for a spin and see if the vtc light came back. I went to take off and the car struggles to move. I noticed the brakes were on. I touched the brake pedal and it was solid. I took off and went around the block slowly… the VTC light came on almost right away and I noticed the brakes were biting harder and harder. I crept back into the driveway and just made it into the factory (enough to close the roller door).

It didn’t make any sense but all of my wheels locked up. They were solid.
    I turned everything off and unplugged the ABS module, plugged it back in and stared the car. No difference. The pedal was solid. Car was not going anywhere.
    Made a few calls and I need to check ABS sensor and I guess the entire abs vsa module.
    have someone coming to look at it tomorrow. Don’t know where to go from here.
    Have downloaded the ABS VSA system workshop manual and will start to go through that tomorrow.
    car cannot be driven or moved at all anymore.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20130822_152200_resized.jpg 
Views:	131 
Size:	95.4 KB 
ID:	25528   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20130822_173558_resized.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	70.8 KB 
ID:	25529   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20130822_173748_resized.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	55.8 KB 
ID:	25530  
    Last edited by philipminge; 22-08-2013 at 10:17 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    s2000 / CL9
    when VSA light is on the car does not run like crap. it runs like normal. no struggle or loss of power... does not feel like i hit a wall. feels fine.

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    check the fuses again

check connection of the ECU
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars