Quote Originally Posted by dillon.ornelas View Post
no, im not stupid enough to drive a car in Australia without an exhaust lol, the whole point of this thread is to attempt to answer the question, will back pressure from an exhaust give you more power, from the evidence i can gather, the exhaust back pressure loses you power, back pressure in the headers is important for scavenging and can utilized to gain power.

sorry if i have stepped on people toes or people have lost the point im trying to make

is a giant exhaust good for the street? only if we lived in a world where we were all deaf
will a giant exhaust loose you power? only if you motor doesn't have a well designed header/extractor.

i honestly WANT to see a dyno that proves back pressure will show a gain somewhere on some motor
Numbers aren't everything. My experience was the car felt much better going from 3inch to 70mm. Sure, 3 inch probably makes more numbers, but i enjoy driving my car and value the driving experience more then the print out from the rollers.

I find it funny reading interviews with Japanese tuners and reading interviews with american tuners and how they both have conflicting ideas/methods.

http://www.hybrid-racing.com/blog/ja...ngine-service/

Long read, but you will understand what I'm saying when you get to the end.