offset question.. just want to know.

How well do 15 inch wheels 7 inch wide with a positive offset sit on an ef crx??? Di regular ed/ef have the same size guards and fitment to a crx? I may just chuck the standard crx wheels on and use offset calculater to find the fitmebt but pics would be nice..
    Last edited by Renaissance_x; 26-09-2013 at 11:19 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG B20

My experiences are...

I've used 15x7s on an ED CRX, however they had a lot of offset (tucking wheels further into the guard) of +48mm. They only barely cleared the rear upper arm by 2mm from the inside rim. It wasn't lowered at all though, so can't comment on guard clearance.

I've also run 16x7 with +32mm offset. These looked really nice but tramlined quite a bit (again, not lowered but looked flush with guard).

The ideal offset for Hondas with double wishbones seem to around 38-42. Recently been running 6.5x15 +38 on an EG and drives real nice without problems.

Cheers, Rob

Member Array
    Car:
    ED+HRV+CRX+CRZ
    I've got a 1990 ED CRX running 15x7 Momo Quasars and 195/50 R15 RE001s. The offset is +35. They are flush with the guards. Maybe a little too flush! From the right angle they look OK, but I suspect they may be "slightly" illegal. They certainly appear to poke out just a little. I will try and get some photos tomorrow to show you. I would be trying to get+38 or more to keep them tucked in under the guards, or at least flush.

The EG is running JDM ITR 16x7"s, but I think the offset on those is +50. Lucky because they are 215/40 R16s Yoko S types, and any less offset and they would stick out.

Cheers......

i've run +42 and +35 both 16x7 lowered on superlows + kyb shocks. +35 seems to work better for me.. but also depends on the brand of tyres.
    https://www.facebook.com/ISOMedia.Photography

WP: 1:10.0
    Winton: 1:40.5
    Marulan: 0:48.7

Member Array
    Car:
    4WD 89 Concerto
    Ive tried 15x7+20 with 195/55 tyres and no issues at all.
    OEM parts whore

Quote Originally Posted by grifty View Post
    Ive tried 15x7+20 with 195/55 tyres and no issues at all.
    Pics?

Member Array
    Car:
    crx
    hi there
    I have run a few different size rims on my ed9 crx in past and present

I started off running some full sick Sexspec 18x7.5 +42 215/35r18 too big and hits guards (super low springs) At the time I like that look
    next I move on some small wheels after get defected too many time for big wheels they were 16x6.5 +40 (I think) with 205/45R16 feel ok look good
    Next was to try something small again 15X6.5 +35 with 205/50r15 feel great look good and handled well ( but also had semi slick tyres too )
    then I got some cheap rims 15x6.5 +42 with 195/50r15 same as 15s before but I had crappy Kumho KU31 will not be buying them again wheel sat inside a bit look a bit crappy too
    What I got now running some 16x7 +42 with good tyres too look great full up the guards and rides ok with low side wall

I also got set of work wheels in nice specs that I am waiting on money for tyres
    15x7.5 with one pair +29 and other +32
    what I found is the offset on the rim centre piece has different offset design of spokes for big brakes and small brakes of rear

Also worth look at http://www.willtheyfit.com/ as it help me out heaps finding the right wheel size with tyres too

hope I help you and other look at wheels
    Last edited by pat88c; 26-09-2013 at 07:29 PM. Reason: change something
    If you see a good Technical post giving advice give some postive rep

Member Array
    Car:
    4WD 89 Concerto
    Quote Originally Posted by Renaissance_x View Post
    Pics?
    Check out my car, I know its a concerto buy its the same shit tbh

I had front coils on lowest settings running 15x8+22 and only slight wheel liner rubbing, same spec tyre.
    OEM parts whore