Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2004 Accor Euro

New Accord Euro owner - a few questions

Hi guys,

I recently just purchased by first 2004 Honda Accord Euro I'm loving it so far.

It's currently all stock, and though I have been looking for information here and on other sites, I have a few "n00b" questions as I'm a bit confused.

The Euro has dual climate controls and a 6 stacker CD inbuilt. Apart from replacing the speakers I'd love to replace the head unit so I can use my iPhone for music/GPS. I've seen the adaptors but am not too fond on the idea (would much rather a new head unit).

I've seen 2 ways to add a new head unit.

I personally don't think it looks that nice and I believe I lose the dual climate controls?

If I go with this option does the original unit still work for temp controls etc? I'd much rather go with this option but just want to make sure it'll work well.

Thanks so much

Hey, I've just been through this process and there are a few options... I wanted a standard look but still have aftermarket options such as bluetooth and usb. There's a thread that has alot of info if you still want an aftermarket head unit:
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...cl9+double+din

I ended up getting a GROM2P from cushieaudio and their customer services was great!
    http://www.cushieaudio.com.au/honda-usb2p.html

Yeah, it is a bit expensive but I'm very happy with the product and some of the glitches I first had were fixed with their firmware update.
    I have the standard look and I've hidden the USB/AUX port in the large compartment under the A/C control. It looks all standard, easy to install and I have USB, AUX and bluetooth. You can option for an iPhone adapter and this also supports android. You could always just play music via bluetooth and you wouldn't have to worry about wires. I'm happy with the standard speakers so unless they pop I won't be changing them. Besides where they've put the tweeters in the dash looks a bit daunting with out breaking any clips.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    I'm in the process of buying an 04' Euro and am also looking for some sort of usb support. I'd like to keep the original head unit but I'm not sure what the best option is.

Member Array
    Car:
    2006 CL9 Luxury
    Quote Originally Posted by Dylaan View Post
    I'm in the process of buying an 04' Euro and am also looking for some sort of usb support. I'd like to keep the original head unit but I'm not sure what the best option is.
    If you want a USB port, your best option is the GROM USB2+ from CushieAudio.
    http://www.cushieaudio.com.au/honda-usb2p.html
    While it's not the cheapest out there (not that much more expensive anyway), CushieAudio is an Australian company which offers great after-sales support. Plus, being an Australian business, all purchases will be covered by the Australian Consumer Law.

I opted for the GROM IPD3. I'm really happy with the unit. It's essentially the same but without the USB port. I just added bluetooth to it so I could stream music from my iPhone. Perhaps the greatest advantage is that the steering wheel controls work.

I recommended it to TurboA2j as well and it seems like he's really enjoying his too.

Installation is a breeze and seeing as you're in the Melbourne area, I'm happy to help you out if you need it. Although its probably the most simple mod to do once you know what you're doing.