Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 2004

Noob question about Accord Euro 2004.

Hi , I got an Accord Euro 2004. I have few questions about service for my car.

1. I want to replace my brake rotors and pads. I think about DBA 4000 series T3 slotted. As I find out parts no for back are DBA42511S and front DBA42510S but I dont know what diameter of my front rotors is 300mm or the 288mm ? . What is best brake pads to use?

2. Brake fluid : I think i will buy Honda dot4 from dealer. How many bottles do I need ( 500ml/bottle) ?

3. Power Steering Fluid: again will get from dealer. But how many bottles do I need ( 500ml/bottle) ?

4. Honda MTF from dealer how many bottles do I need ( 1l/bottle)?

5. Honda Genuine Coolant is it good for use?

6. Is there any one get Metra 99-7803G Single/Double DIN Installation Kit with Display for Select 2003-07 Honda Accord Vehicles ? What is best double Din use ( not like expensive branch Pioneer, JVC...)?

Thank you.

Member Array
    Car:
    '04 CL9 Lux
    Hello,

1. 300mm will be fine. I currently have the slotted rotors on the front using QFM pads.
    2. Not sure, got the brakes done by my mechanic. Good choice going Honda though
    3. Again, not sure. Again, good choice with the Honda fluid
    4. This i got done by my mechanic, but I think 1 bottle is all thats needed.
    5. Yes
    6. You dont need to purchase that kit. Honda actually do a double DIN kit thats only about $90. It replaces the storage area below the deck. The deck really depends on what you are looking to achieve. I've got a Pioneer unit in my car, and car audio has dramatically dropped in price over the last 10 years. I was looking for a unit that was fully compatible with my iPhone (using apps and the like).

I hope this helps...let me know if you want more info.

Thanks
    '04 CL9 6spd Lux | front and rear Hardrace camber arms | Injen CAI | BC Racing Coilovers | DBA slotted rotors |

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    1. T3's are great rotors, but if you don't track, or don't intend to, then go T2, they are a lot cheaper. You could even go the 2510XS which are slotted and cross drilled for the bling.
    2. Any DOT4 or Super DOT4 (a.k.a DOT4.1) is fine. Just don't get DOT 5. A bottle is enough.
    3. I would stick with Honda Power Steering Fluid, as I don't know much about it.
    4. Honda is fine, Penrite also works. You'll definetly need more than 1ltr if you're doing a flush, unless you're just topping up.
    5. OEM coolant is good for 200 000km. Have you reached that yet? But yes, stick with OEM is good. It used to be that you just have to match the colour of the coolant (red or green), but there's a bit more to it than that. If you don't know, go with the safe bet.

Coolant, Engine Oil and brakes can be considering fairly basic servicing. If you've never done brake bleeding before, or power steering, I would recommend you get someone who knows what their doing to do so. Letting any air into the brake lines could end your life. It's simple for sure, but what's $50 when you're safety is concerned.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG+CL9
    T3 rotors are a very good rotor - i use them on most of my cars with remsa pads - almost perfect street/performance combination

OEM coolant is great stuff - been using it for years on several different cars (including my EG with 340k kms)

otherwise i stick with honda OEM for most things,
    for engine oil i have used Feo, Feo Ultra and the new Feo Leo in my euro
    i use liqui moly in all of my other cars and might give it a go with the euro for the next change

the last service i did on my wifes 2004 corolla i used liqui moly
    after about 15k kms i changed it and the stuff that came out looked very similar to the new stuff in the bottle
    was very clean

for oil filter i always use honda OEM or K+N white for non-honda cars
    Last edited by TheSaint; 28-08-2013 at 10:46 PM.
    ----------------------------
    D15b Turbo EG Sedan Build + CL9 Lux N/A Build
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=127680

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 2004
    I just got some quoted from GSL RallySport and Honda Dealer in Canberra

1. T3's 42511S as they said their ran out stock for next 3 months so I change my mind go to T2's rotors : DBA2511S : $146.85/ea and DBA2510S: $130.35/ea . Brake pads: QFM HPX Brake Pads $79/ea. I think that is my best choice atm.

2. Honda Genuine brake fluid : $17/bottle as car need 2 bottles.
    3. Honda Genuine power steering fluid : $22/1l bottle.
    4. Honda Genuine Manual transmission fluid is $22 per bottle as they required 3 bottle for car.

5. I want to change my standard head unit so I keep looking around and find out Eonon G2240 is quite good for value of money and Metra 99-7803G good for replace standard dual climate control but I do not know it will work for my Accord Euro 2004 or not so I just emailed Metra and waiting for their responses.

Thanks every one gave me fantastic advices

Member Array
    Car:
    EG+CL9
    i got all of mine and loads of other stuff for me and mates from GSL

T3 + Remsa pads is an amazing combination =)
    remsa pads are 80$ a pair too - couldnt beleive the performance i got out of them over the last few years for the price!
    ----------------------------
    D15b Turbo EG Sedan Build + CL9 Lux N/A Build
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=127680

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    Sorry to hijack the thread, but I also just bought an 04' Accord Euro. The service history is pretty good, but in the last 18 months the car has only been driven 9,000kms so hasn't been serviced since 02/12. Is it worth getting it serviced before it is next due since it has been such a long time? I just came from an S2000 so don't know how often these need to be serviced.

Member Array
    Car:
    '04 CL9 Lux
    Dylaan, yes get it serviced. It will give you peace of mind.

Thanks
    '04 CL9 6spd Lux | front and rear Hardrace camber arms | Injen CAI | BC Racing Coilovers | DBA slotted rotors |