Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Hi all,

I tried numerous time and it didn't work. Just before you do step 1, do you have to turn it to ON first and then turn it off, follow by step 2.

1. Turn the ignition switch off.

Thanks.

Aaron

Member Array
    Car:
    Sydney
    /// From the workshop manual:

--------------------------------------------------
    Audio Unit Self-diagnostic Function
    How to apply the self-diagnostic functions (without Navigation)

1. Turn the ignition switch to ACC (I) or ON (II).

2. While holding down the up of both ‘‘REW'' and ‘‘DISK+'' buttons simultaneously, press the power switch.

3. The following BUS communication DTC will appear on the sudio unit dispaly.

4. By turning on a switch while the DTC is displayed, the input will trigger the DTC mode that is assigned to that switch.

PLAY/PROG switch
    Entire LCD lighting mode: Lighting the entire LCD to show the presence or absence of an LCD failiure.

NR switch
    Entire LCD lights-out mode: Turning off the entire LCD to show the presence or absence of an LCD failure.

DISK+switch
    Display I2C-BUS communication verification status: TO display the validity verification of the communication among the DISP, EEPROM and TUNER.

5. DTC mode will cancel when the audio main power switch is turned OFF or the ignition switch is turned OFF.

Display Specifications (without Navigation)

No. Verification items Verification results
    1 Entire LCD lighting ———
    2 Entire LCD lights-outs ———
    3 I2C-BUS communication verification status DSP communication OK
    4 DSP communication NG
    5 EEPROM communication OK
    6 EEPROM communication NG
    7 TUNER communication OK
    8 TUNER communication
    --------------------------------------------------

hey man, nice discoveries of the hidden diagnostics

I just copied your instructions and went down to the garage on this cold and wet day to try it out

but a bit dissapointing, thought the displays would be much more graphical than digits and can't stop the menu number flashing...

and... is it my euro or a common, that don't try this hidden diagnostics with a cold engine...

see... by pressing AUTO and DUAL, my air con went cold as... maybe previous setting... and with a engine trying to warm up... no good...

for the next few minutes, some strange engine shake was happening...

hope it dosn't become permanent...

anyway thanks for the tip, pretty cool to see actual temperature figures and talk about aussies radiation figures...

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzen View Post

and... is it my euro or a common, that don't try this hidden diagnostics with a cold engine...

see... by pressing AUTO and DUAL, my air con went cold as... maybe previous setting... and with a engine trying to warm up... no good...

for the next few minutes, some strange engine shake was happening...

hope it dosn't become permanent...

anyway thanks for the tip, pretty cool to see actual temperature figures and talk about aussies radiation figures...
    Just turn your climate control temperature dial to a higher temperature setting or press the A/C button to turn off the compressor.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    SloEur
    Got a question... my CL9 air con is blowing out warm on the driver air, even in the 'LO' setting. pax side is alright, though. activating the built-in diagnostic, and looking at sensor 6 (driver side air mix), it throws out code D2, D1 and sometimes, some Cx and Ax..

does anyone have any idea what those codes mean?

thanks.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Turn off "Dual" mode and check what does option 7 tell you. 6 should show the same as 7 when "Dual" is off.

Member Array
    Car:
    SloEur
    turned off dual, 7 reports 01 at 'LO' temperature setting, 6 reports 'D2'
    it looks like electrical or data comms problems, the relevant fuses are all fine.
    Last edited by MiSloVic; 08-10-2008 at 10:41 AM.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Looks like the vent which controls the cold air mix for the driver's side is stuck! Warranty time.

Member Array
    Car:
    SloEur
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    Looks like the vent which controls the cold air mix for the driver's side is stuck! Warranty time.
    thanks aaron. dealer is only avail in 20 days time
    actually, not really their fault, i insisted on a courtesy car, and the car is avail is in 20 day's time

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    20 days? They don't even have a spare jazz to lend you?

Member Array
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Earth, Milky Way
    Car:
    Honda Accord Euro (LUX)
    I love it when people find these things out. There a post a while back that was also very similar and I found out that if u hold down the unlock button on your key and hold it it actually opens all the windows.

I'll defintiely be trying this when i get in the car.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Luxury
    Quote Originally Posted by ShAwNeX View Post
    I love it when people find these things out. There a post a while back that was also very similar and I found out that if u hold down the unlock button on your key and hold it it actually opens all the windows.

I'll defintiely be trying this when i get in the car.

and if you get the KP technologies module when you double tap lock they all go up again!