Newcomer Array
    Car:
    '05 Euro Luxury

Exclamation coilover advice needed.

Hi guys,
    Start off saying I have used the search feature but have other questions...

I have an 05 luxury with stuffed shocks, honda wants $340 each for newies so i was thinking of going the coilover option..
    Basically the front and rear shocks have a level switch on a bracket, this is for the hid lights. Has anyone else encountered this and what did you do to fix it/adapt bracket to the new coilovers etc.

Any help would be muchly appreciated. Im looking at either tein or buddy club setup but can anyone give a personal review of their experience with either? I like the standard comfort but willing to go harsher if needed etc.

Thanks!
    '05 Accord Euro Luxury- stock as a rock. *Stereo now installed!- too much to list but it's off it's head lol

Member Array
    Car:
    04 CL9
    ahhhh i remember when i was 'stock as a rock'.... so many things on the wishlist!

Buddyclubs were the first thing i bought. spent weeks looking at all my options and changing my mind a few times on what brand/setup i should go for.

I finally went with the BCs due to their rock solid reputation and the fact that a lot of people had them on their euro/tsx. They didnt set me back tooooo much... i mean i paid about $1300 for my set from JDMyard and installed them my self using a guide i found on tsxclub.com (let me know if your interested in it). I looked in to getting them fitted by a mechanic but they wanted about $200 a corner to install, which is a rip off considering how long it took me and a friend.

As for comfort, i have them set to kinda stiff and they are great...... had them pretty soft to start off with and they can be set pretty similar to stock.

With the HID leveler.... i only had one on the front passenger side strut, which i went ghetto on:

Still there after about 5000kms so i think i did alright. The rear one is attached to some other bar that has to do with toe or some shit.

Anyway enough about my setup... get yours up and running buddy!

Member Array
    Car:
    EG+CL9
    i did the same thing as kyfer with my coilovers and my rear lateral arms that have the HID bracket

im running Tanabe Sustec Pro GF and love them =)
    ----------------------------
    D15b Turbo EG Sedan Build + CL9 Lux N/A Build
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=127680

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    '05 Euro Luxury
    Thanks for the response guys! Kyfer that brackets def ghetto lol. I'm a Cnc machinist so I'll knock something up, I do a lot of driving so the hose clamp might not hold up haha!
    '05 Accord Euro Luxury- stock as a rock. *Stereo now installed!- too much to list but it's off it's head lol

Member Array
    Car:
    Corolla Spec S
    just dont confuse bc and buddyclub

they arent on the same level
    peteju captures, like us on facebook..

Member Array
    Car:
    CU2 Accord Euro
    Do the tein SS have a spot to put the HID leveler or do you do a ghetto as well?

For CU2 ^^
    '97 Teg VTi-R - GONE :'( -> '08 CU2