Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: CL9 suspension

CL9 suspension

i'm after a slight drop for the cl9, nothing extreme just to improve appearance with 18inch (fn2r) rims.

from what i gather i can either go springs&shocks or coilovers. What I don't want is to lose too much ride comfort. I have absolutely no intentions of tracking the car only daily driving mainly highway driving.

in terms of pricing it seems as though spring&shocks pricing including installation is very similar to coilovers installed?

what would be my bets options?

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9 Lux
    ill go for coilover so you can adjs the height and also depends on what springs you get.. i got teins springs and front 1.7inch and rear 1.3 dropepd.. it all depends what you feeling like

where is the best/cheapest place to get descent springs and are you using stock shocks or aftermarket?

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    I would go for coilovers man, buddyclub n+ or bc br is the best bang for buck coilovers, and you can adjust the dampening to softests. jdm yard sells buddyclub n+ for $1400 but you can pick up second hand ones for less, i just prefer new suspension over used (personal preference)

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9 Lux
    Quote Originally Posted by fa_sumo View Post
    where is the best/cheapest place to get descent springs and are you using stock shocks or aftermarket?
    Stock shocks

OP, what height drop are you after?

Cause if the lowered springs don't match close enough to what you want, can be difficult. You can alternatively go Koni + GCs, guaranteed to be comfy as long as you're not dumping it on its ass
    Toda Racing AU | Shen * Speed Works | Jesse Streeter

Since your main concern is not 'losing ride comfort' and purely for looks, I'd recommend some quality progressive springs. If your dampers are still fairly new, then something like eibach pro kit on stock shocks will be fine. If cars got a bit of mileage on it, could go with koni+eibach or even koni+gc. Since it's fn2r wheels im assuming you ain't all bout dat stans life so adjustability wouldn't be necessary
    KEEP IT VIET | KEEP IT JDM
    FaLL iN LoVe WheN YoU aRe ReAdY, NoT WhEN YoU ARe LOnEly

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9 Euro
    +1 for Koni's + GC's
    Had them for months now, I have them low enough to remove wheel gap and the settings are a bit firm, it's not uncomfortable by any means, but it's not the same as stock ride comfort either.
    IN NSW WE TRUST

i havent measured the amount of drop i want but nothing extreme definitly have no intentions of stancing, just enough to reduce wheel gap. Where would i source eibach shocks and koni springs? also im assuming bc's are shocks also?

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9 Lux
    Bc is the brand of coilover.. eibach springs and koni shocks xD

can anyone suggest where to buy springs/shocks combination? I notice jdmyard has the buddyclub coil overs for $1300 could they be sourced internationally any cheaper or would shipping make it about the same?

also could i just go for eibach springs and stock shocks, current mileage ~120k km? or would i be better off with springs and shocks?