Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Integra

Car won't start! Please help!

Hi guys, I tried starting my 93 Integra vti-r as usual but there was no crank and no start. The radio and lights are working fine. I realized prior to the car not starting, the last 3 starts sounded like the car didn't start as smoothly and the crank sounded weaker. Also 2 months back I have had the ignition coil and battery replaced as my car was cranking but no spark from the distributor. Also my alarm hasn't been working properly recently if that could be an issue. I hope you guys can help me with any ideas to what the problem would be, thanks in advanced.
    Last edited by skeptic_; 03-09-2013 at 12:46 AM.

have you checked for corrosion on the battery?
    PARTING OUT JDM DC2R & EK
    Check out my EK build!

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    Not yet. I bought a new battery 2 months ago, didn't think it was the problem but I'll check anyway. Thanks for the reply.

Check the negative on the battery- make sure it's firmly held !

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    Something is draining your battery. Sure all audio is properly wired up?
    無限 The Form is in the Function 無限
    teamGROUNDzero

Member Array
    Car:
    '77 Civic
    I'd take a gamble at either your alt isn't charging your battery, your starter is buggered... or ground isn't secured

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    Thanks for all the replies, very much appreciated, I'll have a look at the battery connections and suss out my audio wires and what not.

Member Array
    Car:
    S2k + CBX250
    lack of difference in potential energy?

Member Array
    Car:
    S2k + CBX250
    i have seen cheaper alarms eat up batteries when left sitting for periods of time.

go to super cheap and they can do a test on the car (if you can get the car there) they will test the battery draw on start and sitting and make sure its charging right.

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    I checked battery and connection seems tight. My radio, lights and all power options work perfectly fine. Could it be my starter motor?

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    check theres power to the starter.... if theres power to the starter but a no crank then id bet that the starters shaged but also check that the signal wire is secured and has power...
    if theres no power then check the fuse.
    Mate my bbk cost more than your Honda.
    -Amant02

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2 Integra
    ^ what he said
    Check your battery, test for volts. should be 13-14 while the car is running.
    The grounding wire on starter motor does usually come loose and might be holding on..

does it click and not start? it could be the starter motor. or just throw ur battery back on the charger.
    it happened with me a few times when i leave my music playing too long...your battery could be not powerful enough to power your current sound system if u got one. mine isn't and only last around 30 minutes powering two amps with a subwoofer at a loud volume