Odyssey RB1 ATF Fluid flush and change (WITH PICS)

Have anyone done an ATF oil flush and change on their Rb1?

The ODC is my first ever automatic vehicle owned and I was reading CL9 & CU2 sticky threads on their auto trans. Makes it lil scary reading them.

Anyway, was just wondering if there is a transmission filter that is serviceable? Or is it buried inside the gearbox?
    Last edited by blommer; 25-11-2013 at 12:25 PM.

its not easy but very straight forward - drop transmission fluid , change upper filter - refill fluid , go for a drive come back and drop / change fluid. Do this 3 times and that should remove most of the old fluid from the transmission.

Hi all, just an update on how I did my ATF flush on the ODC RB1. This process is so much easier and efficient, rather than doing the 3 flushes approach. You guys might want to consider this approach.

Found the supply line next to the banjo bolt on the gearbox, took off the clamp from the rubber hose, wiggled the rubber hose off. Fit a clear hose over the fitting.

Next fit the clear hose through to the underside of the car. Might be good if you have longer length of hose.

You are ready for the flush. Be careful to top up your ATF to at least 3 Litres before starting your engine and have 3 Litres opened up on standby. As soon as the engine starts, ATF will start flowing out from the clear hose at a very rapid rate and you will have to instantaneously pour another bottle into the filler neck. Keep pouring fresh ATF till the fluid coming out through the clear hose becomes clear. Boy I love bloody mary.

This approach should be the same for all K-series Honda running on an auto gearbox. Hopefully this works for most of you.
    Last edited by blommer; 25-11-2013 at 12:07 PM.