Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DC4 Integra GSi

DC4 Integra GSi

So I'd been floating around a while looking for new daily transport. The short and the long of it is I waited a while and this one came up floating around the local traps.

It's bog stock, 67000km's owned by one elderly couple since 1999, 14 years ago, about as mint as it gets... but auto You can't win them all I guess.

It's a 1999 model, so it has the facelift, ABS and airbags... A bit of safety is a good thing and I don't mind missing the moon roof at all to be honest.

It just is what it is, good, cheap reasonably quick, affordable maintenance, for a daily driver for the next few years that is not going to break the bank. I come from owning Toyota's I had a Z10 Soarer, two of them actually, my bro has AE86s, this will be my first Honda, but I wanted something modern, affordable and reliable, it ticks all the boxes.

I have a few plans for it, I was even thinking about it since I noticed the damn thing was running on 14's to buy 14" alloys The only detractor to that idea is tyre availability so I'm thinking my next step up is 15's.

I have a few plans to give it a light tune, but mostly just cosmetics, exhaust and induction as it is a GSi:

Type R headers.
    CAI/Legally enclosed pod.
    15" alloys.
    Perhaps coilovers, but maybe not actually given it's just a GSi

I'd like to not molest it, so the aim is for something fairly minimal and stock. The car is spotless apart from the usual scratches in the paint here and there from being a 14 year old car. One or two shopping trolley dings, but you get that and you get some pics...

The GSi without a kit has nice lines and a timeless look if I must say.
    Last edited by Integra-GSi; 07-09-2013 at 02:09 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    klungemobile
    Welcome.

I have a DC4 as well.

To be honest, I'd put the i/h/e money towards suspension, wheels, and nice tyres.

The auto gearbox is slow, and i/h/e won't really be worth the money for any gains you'll have. If it's just cosmetic and you want it to sound deeper/different, you can remove the resonator and or cut a small hole in the bottom of the air box. That will give the car a deeper note.

IMO you'll have more fun in a car that handles better rather than what an auto DC4 can offer in acceleration.
    We're doing it for the children.

It's mostly cosmetic, there's not a lot you can do in terms of performance improvements on these cars without a bit of money spent down, I haven't really thought of a 0-100 of 8.5 being slow, but then I don't know. It has had a new exhaust put on it recently... I guess an airbox, or a pod filter would give it a nicer note.

In terms of wheels I'm thinking a set of lightweight alloys, I'd keep 14s but upgrade to alloys, but tires aren't really available in that size. I know, pretty much the best road tires, Michelin Pilots are available in that size, probably 195/55/15s. I don't want to pay for semi slicks really....

I guess some VTi-R coilovers might be in order.

Member Array
    Car:
    klungemobile
    VTi-R coilovers are the same.

Type R go alright for stock suspension.

Thanks yeah, I've thought about the Type R conversion, but it's a bit more work.

Member Array
    Car:
    klungemobile
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra-GSi View Post
    Thanks yeah, I've thought about the Type R conversion, but it's a bit more work.
    Not really.

Just need the rear lower control arms.

You need to half take off the lower control arms anyways. It's only an extra two bolts to take off to remove them.

Hmm... It's something else to consider.

Member Array
    Car:
    klungemobile
    I've done it.

I'm running spoon suspension with type r rear lower control arms.

Quote Originally Posted by newpaddy3 View Post
    I've done it.

I'm running spoon suspension with type r rear lower control arms.
    Thanks man I'll have a look... I need to have a look at a few things, this being my first Honda there's a few things to think about.

Welcome to OzHondie!

+1 for newpaddy3

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5 R
    Nice And Clean And Stock love the look of a stock dc2

Member Array
    Car:
    Grocery getter
    Just in case you plan going turbo,

A B18b has a lower compression ratio of 9.2:1 which is better suited to boost, you can run 10psi easy on stock internals, without the hassles of variable valve timing you can also run cheaper engine management systems. The case is open and shut, you can run more boost, more easily, more cheaply with a GSi over a VTiR or Type R. This is an argument of economics and cost benefit analysis, you will always be ahead with a GSi as you're starting with a motor that is going to cost you less of an outlay to begin with.
    I don't even know anymore.