Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    S2000 AP1
    i paid $220 front $240 rear for rs3s. imported my ad08s from usa, same sizes for $1040 inc shipping

Rs3s still aren't semis.

I currently run 255 square on street, 225/255 track. 255 square street cause I found some decent tyres cheap and can now rotate. 225/255 track because with my setup square oversteers dramatically. Never going anywhere close to hard enough on the street for that to matter though.

Member Array
    Car:
    trotts
    The Ventus R-S3 is Hankook's Extreme Performance Summer tire developed for serious sports car, sports coupe and performance sedan enthusiasts looking for a race-minded street tire that can also meet the demands of autocross, drifting and track events. The Ventus R-S3 is designed to reduce the performance gap between street and track tires by significantly improving dry traction; however like all summer tires, it is not intended to be driven through snow, on ice or in near-freezing temperatures.

Note the highlighted bits.
    BONUS ROUND
    There is still room on the bandwagon for you.

Member Array
    Car:
    S2k + CBX250
    how much are you guys paying for your tyre setups actually?

can you throw up the sizes and price per corner?

i think it would make a good index.

i got nitto nt830 on the rear its prety decent
    and n6000 nexens on the front pretty not decent (but cheap and available), but i dont mind understeer.

215/45/17 n6000 nexen for $150
    235/45/17 Nitto NT830 for $200 ea

700$ setup.

Member Array
    Car:
    CT9A
    Might be up for a tyre change soon and just wondering would you guys recommend 205 or 225 for the fronts for OEM wheels?
    Going 245 for the rears and having abit of mixed reviews on 205/225 for the fronts

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    I am thinking of 255 and 255, what will this do ?
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Quote Originally Posted by muzukashi View Post
    Might be up for a tyre change soon and just wondering would you guys recommend 205 or 225 for the fronts for OEM wheels?
    Going 245 for the rears and having abit of mixed reviews on 205/225 for the fronts

I'd stick with 205s also I know people say the OEM s02 is very wide but it doesn't seem wider than the Yoko c drives I have on some other OEM wheels. (both labelled 225)

Quote Originally Posted by Baby Face View Post
    how much are you guys paying for your tyre setups actually?

can you throw up the sizes and price per corner?

i think it would make a good index.

i got nitto nt830 on the rear its prety decent
    and n6000 nexens on the front pretty not decent (but cheap and available), but i dont mind understeer.

215/45/17 n6000 nexen for $150
    235/45/17 Nitto NT830 for $200 ea

700$ setup.

For daily use I use Nitto nt555 @~$130 for 255/40/17. They have a decent amount of dry and wet grip. Nothing special but plenty. This is on 6ulrs, 17x9 and 17x10

Member Array
    Car:
    S2k + CBX250
    Quote Originally Posted by daevilone View Post
    I'd stick with 205s also I know people say the OEM s02 is very wide but it doesn't seem wider than the Yoko c drives I have on some other OEM wheels. (both labelled 225)

For daily use I use Nitto nt555 @~$130 for 255/40/17. They have a decent amount of dry and wet grip. Nothing special but plenty. This is on 6ulrs, 17x9 and 17x10
    i read on a S2ki thread that 225 is recommended as the OEM tyre was a 205 but had a grip path of a regular 225.
    most 205s just wont handle the pressure, so they said, to do with side wall construction, this tyre had terrible wet grip though so in the ap2 they went wider to get a tyre with similar contact path but better wet grip- theres a website where you can check the contact size of your tyres path, its like an index for various tyres.

i had yokohama A drives on mine before definately werent enough for me.

and to keep the balance they recommend a 20mm difference between front and rear especially on ap1 because of the sway bars and spring rates.

130$ is very good for 255's! i got quoted closer to 300 for RE02 potenzas
    Last edited by Baby Face; 20-11-2013 at 07:33 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    trotts
    Quote Originally Posted by curtis265 View Post
    I am thinking of 255 and 255, what will this do ?
    From what i understand ( and i having similar issues with a 245-255 setup but with a few more factors at play) you will have a tendency to oversteer more with a square setup. Guys usually upgrade the front sway bar to help offset this.
    BONUS ROUND
    There is still room on the bandwagon for you.

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    hmmmmmmm cos i have a set of 4 9" 6ULRs sitting there...

do i keep them and go square with the tyres or sell them :S

hhmmm..
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Quote Originally Posted by curtis265 View Post
    hmmmmmmm cos i have a set of 4 9" 6ULRs sitting there...

do i keep them and go square with the tyres or sell them :S

hhmmm..
    225/45 front, 255/40 rear.

Quote Originally Posted by Baby Face View Post
    i read on a S2ki thread that 225 is recommended as the OEM tyre was a 205 but had a grip path of a regular 225.
    most 205s just wont handle the pressure, so they said, to do with side wall construction, this tyre had terrible wet grip though so in the ap2 they went wider to get a tyre with similar contact path but better wet grip- theres a website where you can check the contact size of your tyres path, its like an index for various tyres.

i had yokohama A drives on mine before definately werent enough for me.

and to keep the balance they recommend a 20mm difference between front and rear especially on ap1 because of the sway bars and spring rates.

130$ is very good for 255's! i got quoted closer to 300 for RE02 potenzas
    At the end off the day you are still putting 225 on a 6.5 inch wheel. Unless the tyre has a really stuff side wall it's going to be mushy. 205 may have less overall grip but will certainly feel nicer. Same with the rear. 245 on a 7.5... people run the same width on 9/10" wheels.

I think a lot of the information that comes from s2ki is created towards autocross as well, in which case they are trying to maximise grip given rule sets.

Same deal goes for square set ups. The class limits tyres to 255. Hence all the 255 square set ups. A lot of the circuit guys run staggered but circuit is less common. I'm tempted to go 255/40f, 275/40r next for my track wheels.