Thread: Idle question

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EG, RB3

Idle question

Hey guys,

I'm a little pedantic about my car so here's the deal. My car has a relatively low idle speed, and it will regularly drop after stepping on throttle, no matter how light or heavy I step on it.
    Yesterday my car stalled for the first time of ownership as I was rolling to a stop. I will add that it was the first drive after installing an intake. Car was in neutral and was just applying brakes at a slow speed.

TODAY, it didn't stall, but I feel as though it wants to? This also happened when my car was completely stock. Revs can drop to as low as 600 :/

Any ideas on what it could be?

Muffler collapsing?
    ECU?
    intake? (It has been installed properly and securely)

Thanks in advance!!

Did you completely disconnect the battery so your ECU would reset after you installed your new intake?

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EG, RB3
    Yes I did!

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda S2000
    What was the idle like prior to installing the CAI?
    If it was still shitty then clean the throttle body and IAC.
    If it was good give the map a whack before a cold start, let it learn.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EG, RB3
    Hello again! I think the ecu learnt about the new intake. No more fuzzy idle , but I'll give the IACV a clean over the weekend for good measure

exact problem I use to have it gets worst, I did alot of research but in the end I got rid of the idle issue. What I did reset ecu first cause i had some mods done to exhaust. still had the problem after 2 weeks later but must admit it was a quick fix, it got the idling issue not to stall out but still low idle. Next thing was i realised my map and iac needed the clean etc found on s2ki.com forums gave it a go fixed my stalling/idilng issue since 6 months+ I also would check if your car battery is about to die out.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EG, RB3
    ^ yup thanks for the info!

Gonna clean the IAC on Sunday, what do I have to do for the map? Can't find it on s2ki...linky?

And my battery is good