Re: Honda Euro Cu2 Modulo body Kit 08-2011

Guys just a heads up, I have been told that the modulo kit from Honda for pre-2011 Euros has been discontinued. I wanted to to buy this kit yesterday at New World Honda, Narre Warren and was informed that the kits aero and rear bumper has been discontinued. Apparently the current models kit does not fit the pre-2011 Euro's. Which makes me a very pissed off bloke. So I asked the question "What happens to a car that has a bingle and needs a bumper replaced"? and I was duly told that that person would have to go back to the original bumper/bumpers.

So if you have one of these kits installed-be bloody careful with it and pray nobody comes and has a bingle with you.

Having said that- I am looking for other options and the Mugen kit is the only one open to us. The problem is that Mugen originals are damn bloody expensive by the time you paint and get it installed. Does anyone have any of the replicas installed on there cars? I want to know whats the best options available to me and which is the best replica kit to buy for fit,finish and durability.

Well that's a bunch of crap... Knowing my luck, I'm bound to have something happen to my car sooner or later.

But here's something you can look at for replica kits if you want.
    http://www.bodykitskingdom.co.uk/mag...cord-euro.html

I managed to source the front and rear aero bumpers and have a six week wait for it from Japan. I will be in the same situation as you euro_noob. I will speak to my insurance company and see what they intend to do if I have the unfortunate luck to
    have a prang that requires bumpers. I don't wont to go stock bumpers after I have paid a healthy sum of money for them. God speed guys be careful out on the roads.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    honda euro cu2
    Hey mate, iv been doing some research over the last couple of days you can order them from any honda dealer trivet has some in stock in melb depending on colour, iv quoted about 5 dealers there all around the 2500mark from front bar rear and skirts.

Quote Originally Posted by sa1d8u View Post
    Hey mate, iv been doing some research over the last couple of days you can order them from any honda dealer trivet has some in stock in melb depending on colour, iv quoted about 5 dealers there all around the 2500mark from front bar rear and skirts.
    I rang Astoria Honda yesterday and they said they can get it in and quoted me $550 side skirts, $990 for Front aero bumper and $990 for Rear Bumper, but it is when they go to order it that it states that it is discontinued. The tosser at
    Astoria told me he will call me back because I queried what Narre Warren (New World Honda) told me . Two days later I called him as he never called back and he said sorry can't get it in. So today I rang Honda Australia and they also confirmed that it has been discontinued. They will give a quote because the current Euro doesn't have this issue and they assume the current modulo bodykit will fit. Apparently I have been told that they don't fit the 2010/2011 Cu2s. I will give trivet a call and see if they are stocking old stock. Whatever the case be careful on the roads if you have them as soon you will not be able to replace them. This is a let down by Honda to say the least.

Quote Originally Posted by Shermanator View Post
    I rang Astoria Honda yesterday and they said they can get it in and quoted me $550 side skirts, $990 for Front aero bumper and $990 for Rear Bumper, but it is when they go to order it that it states that it is discontinued. The tosser at
    Astoria told me he will call me back because I queried what Narre Warren (New World Honda) told me . Two days later I called him as he never called back and he said sorry can't get it in. So today I rang Honda Australia and they also confirmed that it has been discontinued. They will give a quote because the current Euro doesn't have this issue and they assume the current modulo bodykit will fit. Apparently I have been told that they don't fit the 2010/2011 Cu2s. I will give trivet a call and see if they are stocking old stock. Whatever the case be careful on the roads if you have them as soon you will not be able to replace them. This is a let down by Honda to say the least.
    What did insurance say? I'm curious to what they would do in an unfortunate scenario.

I rang Trivett and was informed that they need to order it but according to him it is not available in a pack anymore. It needs to be ordered in individual pieces. So I rang my local Honda dealer New World Honda and asked him if it was available by buying it in separate pieces and stated that Trivett told me yada yada yada. Alan the parts guy at New World Honda stated that is exactly what he tried to do after he tried to order the full kit and still it came up discontinued. I see this is going to be a controversy. So No go guys. So two Honda dealers New World Honda and Astoria come to the same conclusion as well as Honda Australia. The Modulo kit is well and truly gone for us Pre facelift Euro vehicles unless you can get it imported from some shop in Japan as I have done.

Guys I have some latest info. GOOD NEWS!!! Honda Australia has completed there investigation and concluded that the modulo parts are still available for 2008 up and to the current model!!!- It is very suss to say the least. Since I contacted the media being "caradvice.com.au" who initially did a writeup on the modulo kits a few years ago. This is what Honda Australia Media Relations had to say:

:Hi Mel,

I spoke to the Parts Manager at New World Honda. It seems there's miscommunication between the customer and the dealer. The customer asked for Modulo Pack for a 2006 Accord Euro and the dealer parts manager advised that the wing spoiler for 2006 Accord Euro had been discontinued, which is the case as the supplier no longer makes this component. However Honda Australia can still supply front, rear and side spoilers for 2006 Accord Euro.

After my call to the dealer, the parts manager checked with his sales manager and found that the customer actually owns a 2011 Accord Euro, for which Honda Australia can supply every component of the Modulo Pack.

Can you please direct the customer to the dealer and our dealer is more than happy to assist. If the customer has any further question regarding Honda parts supply, please feel free to direct the enquiry to me.

Many thanks Mel.

Now heres the issue- At no time did I ever talk about a spoiler to the parts manager nor talk about a 2006 Honda Accord Euro. I am fully aware what model car I bought and what year and type. He specifically said to me that the "Front Aero Bumper and the Rear Aero Bumper" has been discontinued from 2011 down to 2008. Whats more a call to Astoria Honda also conveyed the same problem after I rang the tosser after two days waiting for a call back from him. To back things up I also contacted Honda Australia and specifically asked them about this issue and at the time they also confirmed it. There was no miscommunication whatsoever. My understanding is that Honda Australia caved in to the pressure to re-supply the modulo pack after I complained to "caradvice.com" that Honda Australia was doing a injustice to the public by creating a insurance nightmare to not only insurance companies but for consumers who had invested there hard earned cash on the kit. To find out that after a bingle they have to go back to stock parts.

All in all to get things bought to head one needs to push it through the right channels otherwise all those who owned a Cu2 with the modulo kit would have gotten a raw deal.

scared me for a second lol !

i hate how i gotta call every honda dealer to get the best price ! the ones in sydney offer modulo rear for 815 and front for 899 but sides for 699...