Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Noob questions

Member Array
    Car:
    S2k + CBX250
    for cam seal, i dont think it needs to be lubed but it will be just a bit nicer i think to lube it up with something before squishing it, so it doesnt pinch or something?
    An oem cam seal will only leak again, as it is a well known fact and others have mentioned its an OEM leak, the oem plug was not designed very well, and as a result not durable at all.

have fun, hondas especially them older ones, DA-DC2 EF-EK are quite fun and simple.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    agreed the only issue your will really ever have is not having enough money...
    Mate my bbk cost more than your Honda.
    -Amant02

Yeah I lubed the part of the cam cap that is over the seal but not entirely sure if I did the part that goes over the over the cam, which could be a problem when the car is started again.
    I'm gona pull it apart again today and put some on there anyway just to be sure.

I agree with both of the posts above haha we've had this car since brand new and the older hondas are definitely simple and easy to work on

I'm going to keep all my noob questions in this thread so as not to fill the forum with crap.

Anybody know where I can find a workshop manual that covers the d13b? I have usdm manual for the eg that covers all the body and stuff

Member Array
    Car:
    S2k + CBX250
    usdm one will be a bit backward.

Hmmm an EG3? what is that a breeze? or is the breeze a d13a?

Yeah its all pretty backwards, I just reference it for stuff. Yeah it's a breeze, I'm pretty sure its d13b, I'll check later when I'm home.

Any idea where I can get an adm workshop manual or an english jdm manual? Mostly just need the d13 stuff, I can figure everything else out easy enough.

Might go to honda later and see how much they want for one

Member Array
    Car:
    S2k + CBX250
    just undo all the engine mounts lose that engine, and buy a B series package. i think you will have more fun.

or try going into a repco or supercheap and ask them?

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    good advice here^^
    -Amant02

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 & GE6
    need to do a fuel pump/line conversion to for efi - b16 swap
    You've gone through more accords than I changed underwear this month! - Sugz

www.OzAccord.net/forum

Haha nah its just a daily, so I'll just keep it stock and maintained until I finish my other car (R31), then look at something like a k swap if I have money haha

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    sorry didnt realise you where chicken bawk bawk

-Amant02

Member Array
    Car:
    S2k + CBX250
    yeah better learn how to drive a r31 before going for real power, K power i mean.

jk

sis you try repco for that manual?