Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Introduction: Me and my DC2R (RIP)

I've had an account on OzHonda for just about a year now but have never posted anything. I joined basically cause I love my VTEC engines and have wanted one since I ever got my licence. My Username has "vr6" in it cause I also love Golf VR6's but thats for another day and another forum haha.

March or April this year I bought a Championship White 1996 Honda Integra Type R (personally imported from japan by a previous owner back in around 2003 i think). I had driven some honda's before that, but this DC2R was a whole new experience

Mod's = Injen Cold Air Intake, Mugen Headers, Test Pipe (instead of cat), and little bits of spoon stuff like socks, spoon strut brace and torque damper.

Though service history ended back at 248,000k's it had been owned by my mate and his mate before that. I loved servicing it (fluids and filters) and then taking it for a spin on a chilly dry night. I owned TeggyBear from 286,000k's to 295,000k's. Loved taking it for a spin up Mt Cootha, Mt Nebo/Glorious and a couple thursday nights of highway shenanigans. Amongst my friends my car was a slut, everybody had seen it, raced it or driven it hard. Doesnt matter i love sluts.

Sadly I let a girlfriend take it for a spin one fateful night, she didnt have a licence and had barely driven manual (stupid decision on my part), i didnt feel safe with her driving panicked and grab the steering wheel after she understeered a little and next minute the car was sent into a Brick wall. In my eyes the teg was f**cked. But it could have been fixed, but i needed cash to pay insurance bills quick, so i sold the whole car as a wreck.

Anyways my misfortune doesnt take away the fact that the car was one awesome POS. Being a uni student i dont have the cash flowz so im saving as hard as i can to get my hands on a another dc2r. Until then ill leave you with some pictures of my Teg.

Thomas.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	883420_630958313587265_1436511657_o.jpg 
Views:	464 
Size:	96.4 KB 
ID:	25707Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0408.jpg 
Views:	431 
Size:	137.2 KB 
ID:	25708Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0444.jpg 
Views:	453 
Size:	159.3 KB 
ID:	25709Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0481.jpg 
Views:	502 
Size:	186.9 KB 
ID:	25710

Daaaaamnnn unlucky to hear!

Welcome to OzHondie as well!

Is that the car that ivan from hi power racing built?
    <3

not that i know of :S thanks "lolmclol"

Member Array
    Car:
    BREEZE
    Quote Originally Posted by tstvr6 View Post
    I've had an account on OzHonda for just about a year now but have never posted anything. I joined basically cause I love my VTEC engines and have wanted one since I ever got my licence. My Username has "vr6" in it cause I also love Golf VR6's but thats for another day and another forum haha.

March or April this year I bought a Championship White 1996 Honda Integra Type R (personally imported from japan by a previous owner back in around 2003 i think). I had driven some honda's before that, but this DC2R was a whole new experience

Mod's = Injen Cold Air Intake, Mugen Headers, Test Pipe (instead of cat), and little bits of spoon stuff like socks, spoon strut brace and torque damper.

Though service history ended back at 248,000k's it had been owned by my mate and his mate before that. I loved servicing it (fluids and filters) and then taking it for a spin on a chilly dry night. I owned TeggyBear from 286,000k's to 295,000k's. Loved taking it for a spin up Mt Cootha, Mt Nebo/Glorious and a couple thursday nights of highway shenanigans. Amongst my friends my car was a slut, everybody had seen it, raced it or driven it hard. Doesnt matter i love sluts.

Sadly I let a girlfriend take it for a spin one fateful night, she didnt have a licence and had barely driven manual (stupid decision on my part), i didnt feel safe with her driving panicked and grab the steering wheel after she understeered a little and next minute the car was sent into a Brick wall. In my eyes the teg was f**cked. But it could have been fixed, but i needed cash to pay insurance bills quick, so i sold the whole car as a wreck.

Anyways my misfortune doesnt take away the fact that the car was one awesome POS. Being a uni student i dont have the cash flowz so im saving as hard as i can to get my hands on a another dc2r. Until then ill leave you with some pictures of my Teg.

Thomas.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	883420_630958313587265_1436511657_o.jpg 
Views:	464 
Size:	96.4 KB 
ID:	25707Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0408.jpg 
Views:	431 
Size:	137.2 KB 
ID:	25708Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0444.jpg 
Views:	453 
Size:	159.3 KB 
ID:	25709Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0481.jpg 
Views:	502 
Size:	186.9 KB 
ID:	25710
    haha I remember this car

sorry to hear it got fuked off in such a lame fashion
    part time potato

Member Array
    Car:
    BREEZE

part time potato

Member Array
    Car:
    front ender ek9
    welcome

Thanks bro (Vvvtec) yea it's devastating :'(. Ty CTX

Member Array
    Car:
    ventura zone 1 & 2
    'Sadly I let a girlfriend take it for a spin one fateful night, she didnt have a licence and had barely driven manual (stupid decision on my part)'

LOOOOOOOOOL

Member Array
    Car:
    2014 NSX
    haha i remember this car on carsales for ages for about 9-10k,
    shame what happened though

always the girlfriend...
    K&N Typhoon CAI || Weapon-R Headers + High Flow CAT || APEX'i WS2 catback || Ralco RZ Pulleys || Progress RSB || Alutec FTB || Tein Street Basis || Enkei Lusso 18" x 8" +40
    REFLASHED AUDM ECU

atleast everyone knows here why your now single lol!

Sad to see mate hopefully getting another one?