Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    07 Cl9 tourer
    hey guys where is the best place to go in sydney to get the exhausts done!!. i called up performance exhaust in northmead and the guy told me doing custom exhaust for accord euro is too costly so they dont do them. and he pointed me towards jdmyard...

called up tuffy's in epping and they quoted me at $480.

can someone please shed some light on this

cheers

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by masw View Post
    hey guys where is the best place to go in sydney to get the exhausts done!!. i called up performance exhaust in northmead and the guy told me doing custom exhaust for accord euro is too costly so they dont do them. and he pointed me towards jdmyard...

called up tuffy's in epping and they quoted me at $480.

can someone please shed some light on this

cheers
    what do you actually want out of it?

just mufflers?
    or what?
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    07 Cl9 tourer
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredoops View Post
    what do you actually want out of it?

just mufflers?
    or what?
    i was fishing for prices. i was thinking of getting a catback system well my goal is to get a nice deep tone that gives the car a decent character ( if that makes any sense). dont want it to be too loud on low rpms.

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    i was fishing for prices. i was thinking of getting a catback system well my goal is to get a nice deep tone that gives the car a decent character ( if that makes any sense). dont want it to be too loud on low rpms.
    real thin line between deep and raspy

either way you're looking at a grand to a grand and a quarter for a decent system.
    Last edited by Fredoops; 11-10-2013 at 01:04 AM.
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Member Array
    Car:
    EG+CL9
    standard system from catback is good for up to 200hp ... why bother

i would be saving for intake and headers for actual gains
    ----------------------------
    D15b Turbo EG Sedan Build + CL9 Lux N/A Build
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=127680

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    07 Cl9 tourer
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSaint View Post
    standard system from catback is good for up to 200hp ... why bother

i would be saving for intake and headers for actual gains
    im not looking at a exhaust specifically for gains its more of making a nice sound. i would like the exhaust note to a be a bit deeper and a tiny bit noticeable but yea intake and headers will be down the line

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...k-sound-thread

Fred made a great thread here about the various catbacks and their sounds. And I guess if you google any of them it will come up with all the info you need about each one, and usually youll find decent reviews on here about each branded catback system
    K&N Typhoon CAI || Weapon-R Headers + High Flow CAT || APEX'i WS2 catback || Ralco RZ Pulleys || Progress RSB || Alutec FTB || Tein Street Basis || Enkei Lusso 18" x 8" +40
    REFLASHED AUDM ECU

in dire need of a bit of power cz im coming from owning a BF xr6 haha
    I find that the CL9s tend to put the power down much better than the nuggety XR6s and SV6s? No hate on them - my friend has a tough SV6 black on black ute with an XForce catback and I love it. But I still beat him.
    K&N Typhoon CAI || Weapon-R Headers + High Flow CAT || APEX'i WS2 catback || Ralco RZ Pulleys || Progress RSB || Alutec FTB || Tein Street Basis || Enkei Lusso 18" x 8" +40
    REFLASHED AUDM ECU

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    07 Cl9 tourer
    Quote Originally Posted by axispower View Post
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...k-sound-thread

Fred made a great thread here about the various catbacks and their sounds. And I guess if you google any of them it will come up with all the info you need about each one, and usually youll find decent reviews on here about each branded catback system
    wow that threads really useful with the sound clips and all thanks !

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    07 Cl9 tourer
    Quote Originally Posted by axispower View Post
    I find that the CL9s tend to put the power down much better than the nuggety XR6s and SV6s? No hate on them - my friend has a tough SV6 black on black ute with an XForce catback and I love it. But I still beat him.
    haha true.. the second gear pull on the CL9 is actually not bad!! was very impressed for a 2.4L n/a.. but power isnt my main concern at the moment cz im thinking about getting an old ae92 or something like that and building a sleeper as a project car..

i just want to do the things to the CL9 that makes it something memorable like wheels that like and a sound that i like if you guys know what i mean.

professional exhaust said it cost too much to do a custom exhaust and a JDM yard said fujitsbo is close to $1700.. so i have to reconsider this cz i cant afford to spend that much on a exhaust atm.

however tuffy's quoted me $500 over the phone. what do you guys think about this.. im really confused about it

ebay and heeltoeautomotive.com have been better options for me. That is about what youd pay for fujitsubo legalis r though.

There are second hand ones in the parts for sale section on ozhonda that go for around 1.3k I think? Just type it up in the search bar.

Have a look at the "post your euro" threads in the appearance/gallery forum as well, so you can see what looks good and what doesnt and whats already been done, if you want to make your CL9 memorable.
    REFLASHED AUDM ECU

Member Array
    Car:
    EG+CL9
    heh me and a freind are building an AE92 Gti at the moment - fun little car - i would love to put the 4A-GZE engine in it =)
    ----------------------------
    D15b Turbo EG Sedan Build + CL9 Lux N/A Build
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=127680