Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Cartoon View Post
    Actually I you smoke an have been exposed to asbestos you chances of getting lung cancer or illness from asbestos is like 100 times more likely.

Proven fact

Yeah- many can smoke an entire life and not be massively affected.

You have to think that cigarettes ( in general) are a controlled addictive drug which are designed to milk money as long as possible- ie a lifetime lol

Member Array
    Car:
    k20 dc2
    Quote Originally Posted by Cartoon View Post
    Actually I you smoke an have been exposed to asbestos you chances of getting lung cancer or illness from asbestos is like 100 times more likely.
    Proven fact
    i do agree,but we have all been exposed to asbestos, trains and cars were running asbestos pads for years. Even though that was 20+ years ago. There is still fibers flying around our tunnels everytime a train passes. The amount of times ive seen asbestos not covered in bins or not covered in utes/trucks. Yes it is bad. But i disagree when people try to explain that 1 fiber will kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by bennjamin View Post
    Yeah- many can smoke an entire life and not be massively affected.
    this is true with any substance. My old man is still alive and he has been exposed to quite a bit of asbestos, still has no effect from it 40 years on.

Member Array
    Car:
    83, 85 &86 lude
    Agree with above except.... Fact that depending on where the fibre attached on the lung or pleura it can cause a fibrotic change which causes methoselioma and eventually death.

It's unfortunate but true. Rare also. Legally it's often referred to as a divisible condition/disease.

Anyway, point is wet down things and cover asbestos products!

Safe modding to all!
    1986 JDM DOHC B20A Gold Top Prelude: http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...-honda-prelude
    Want JDM? I can source it for you - PM for details