Thread: Rotating tyres

Hybrid View

Having asymetrical directional means you can't swap them... bad things will happen if you run a directional tire with the tread patter the wrong way including the possibility of a complete loss of grip on your car! The tred is not meant to work in the opposite direction and you could end up having an accident, killing yourself and/or someone else.

DO NOT TAKE A SHE'LL BE RIGHT MATE ATTITUDE TO RUNNING NON-DIRECTIONAL ASYMETRICAL TIRES AGAINST THE DIRECTION OF THE TRED!

If you have access to a tire fitting machine and a non-directional/asymmetrical tire you can swap the tread over from the outside shoulder wear its most worn and put it facing the outside. If you're lucky and running enough camber it won't even wear any further than what it has. Either way though you run the risk of having uneven wear and there again as a result, loss of traction.

The long and the short of is that it's just not really economical to be running a ridiculous amount of camber on a road going car. One of these days I'll take a photo of one of my 16s I've still got in my garage just to prove a point about camber wear.
    Last edited by Integra-GSi; 27-09-2013 at 05:26 PM.